Sensor removal question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sensor removal question

I transfered all the sensors to the cat / dpf delete pipe. There is one fitting that looks like a quick connect fitting thats next to the middle sensor in factory dpf. Do i leave that one in there or remove it. Also one came with the new pipe but it is different. Iam using powerstroker67 delete pipe.

Does it matter what sensor goes back in which hole, that look all the same to me..

Also no hangers are needed for the new cat / dpf pipe??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09stroker View Post
I transfered all the sensors to the cat / dpf delete pipe. There is one fitting that looks like a quick connect fitting thats next to the middle sensor in factory dpf. Do i leave that one in there or remove it. Also one came with the new pipe but it is different. Iam using powerstroker67 delete pipe.

Does it matter what sensor goes back in which hole, that look all the same to me..

Also no hangers are needed for the new cat / dpf pipe??????

The fitting you are talking about is probably the fitting that the pressure sensor plugs into. I would leave it alone. If you try to remove it from the DPF you will more than likely wreck the threads. Powestroker67 supplies his pipes with a new fitting so you do not have to worry about trying to get the stock one out of the stock DPF. The other sensors which are the EGT sensors are all the same. It does not matter what hole you put them in. I was also worried about his pipe not having any hangers on it when I put it on my truck, but it is so much lighter than the stock CAT/DPF that it has not caused any problems.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What plugs into that sensor.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As stated above: The 3 EGT sensor are all the same, unless the truck happens to be a very rare one built in 2006. I'm guessing your talking about the pressure sensor, we've supplied the pipe with the fitting already installed so you don't have to fight with the stock fitting/pipe. We've done this to try to make the install as painless as possible for the customer. You'll be reusing the hose and sensor along with the brkt to bolt to the new brkt welded onto the delete pipe. As far as hangers you are removing approx 80 lbs of weight that the factory hangers were holding up. The only time we've seen a need for hangs is in a regular cab/stack application. You can let me know if that's the case and we can send you hangers per you application. Your welcome to PM me or call if you have any other questions. Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.