Want some noise!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Want some noise!!!

had the '08 for a while now with the Spartan and DOC/DPF delete and straight Flo-Pro 4" down-pipe back. still runnin the factory down-pipe.
truck is leveled and fixin to have some 20x9 with 35s so its not too big but got a good stance to it. well i have been wantin some new exhaust and really considered a single stack kit but im not sure how it will look with the truck not havin a lot of height to it. so i have been considerin a new setup other than the stack kit....but i deffinately want more noise than i have now...its almost silent unless your WOT!!!

deffinately wanna do a down-pipe, just not sure which is the best to go with.
i want one that fits well with no issues such as leakin or bangin on the firewall...and one that is fairly easy to install...also, not sure if i want aluminized or stainless...

and as far as the rest of the setup goes...would like to do a full 5" kit straight
but im not sure if i wanna do the Flo-Pro, HS Performance or whatever else.
i could always stick with the 4" i have now but the 5" tip i have just dont look big enough and i dont wanna do a bigger tip because the transition looks funny. havin a 4" pipe with a 7" or 8" tip dont look good to me. also not sure on the stainless or aluminized on this part either. just want a kit that fits good, looks good, and sounds good. but if 4" is what i need to stay with then i will keep what i got and add a downpipe....

can somebody shed some light on any setups???
thanks

Last edited by BB KoncepZ; 08-04-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We build a direct fit ball and socket type 4" downpipe(availble aluminized or ceramic coated) that is very easy to install, no cutting of firewall or banging it in. Aaron at dfpdeletekits.com just did an install and picture thread on this here. I run this downpipe connected to my 5" CAT/DPF pipe and a 5" Magnaflow(it has a nice 6" tip) system no muffler and it makes some noise. Not bad in the cab, but if the truck drives by you outside it makes some noise. That should do the trick for you. Feel free to contact Aaron or myself and we can get this stuff shipped right out. Thanks Sean
Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sean's (powerstroker67) downpipe is probably the nicest, and easiest for reinstall of the DOC/DPF for dealership work. I wouldn't hestitate to let Aaron take care of you. I want to hear some before and afters of Sean's truck with the new downpipe and 5" exhaust.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

We have a Flo~Pro 5" DP-back kit that is by far the most economical option out there and is available in Stainless or Aluminized, feel free to give us a call! Also, we have 3 different options on downpipes as well!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt05 View Post
Sean's (powerstroker67) downpipe is probably the nicest, and easiest for reinstall of the DOC/DPF for dealership work. I wouldn't hestitate to let Aaron take care of you. I want to hear some before and afters of Sean's truck with the new downpipe and 5" exhaust.
I'm lucky I can even post this stuff, I'll have to find some computer wizard to make some sound/video's. Sorry I won't have a before though!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Powerstroker67....i would like to see some pics of the 5" Magnaflow and a video would be good. can you get a muffler delete pipe for the Magnaflow or do you have to weld some pipe in??? i looked at that write up on the new down pipe. looks like a good setup. i will check into it.

CobbsDieselPerformance...i believe yall are the ones who installed the Spartan on my truck. i bought the truck with the tuner and exhaust already done. but CobbsDiesePerformance flashes across the screen when it boots up...i will look into that 5" kit and also at the downpipes yall have.

i need to get prices on the various down pipes out there and also on the 5" aluminized and stainless kits available to see where im at. plus i wanna see pics and vids of a down pipe setup with the 5" kits.

thanks guys
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Magnaflows are offered both without muffler and with both muffler and muffler delete pipe in the same kit(bolt together no cutting or welding on these kits). Photo's I can handle, PM me your email. I'll let Aaron know to put price's together for you.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

PM sent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.