Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone ever used punchit performance tunes?

6K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  GenoTac 
#1 ·
Like the title says, has anyone ever used these tunes? Zmann is the man coming through for me!

These are the power levels, with a full 5" back, intake, and cac, what tune would you run?

Level 1---Heavy Tow file, 50hp and 90 ft-lbs
Level 2---Light Tow file, 100hp and 125 ft-lbs
Level 3---Street file, 150 hp and 235 ft-lbs
Level 4---Extreme file, 200hp and 440 ft-lbs**
Level 5---Race file, 250hp and 515 ft-lbs**

#4 ·
Had pip tunes on a 2010 dually for about a year. Runs good very responsive but it has issues towing it surges really bad trying to accelerate like the whole truck jerks really bad. Had it on several gooseneck trailers. Contacted pip and they sent new tunes still does it. Truck has been on level 3. I thought level 3 was 100hp

#8 ·
Just FYI

SCT X4 Competition Tuner from Rudy's Diesel is written by PIP. I'm running the Level 3 Tunes.

#9 ·
Like my post says above been running these since last June but have had some surging issues around 70 mph and have tried changing fuel filters, cleaned MAF sensor, still does it. Im thinking it has something to do with the torque converter locking up and wont unlock unless you put your foot into it. It almost acts like its lugging in high gear.

#10 ·
Finally somebody else with the same problem. My dad's dually surges pretty bad but only pulling a trailer.

#11 ·
I agree I think it's something with the torque converter locking up. Seems like ours does it around 40-50mph

#14 ·
Think we dropped down to stage 2 and it still did it.

#16 ·
Man it's hard to say, the pip tunes are on my dad's truck, on my 6.4 I have gearhead tunes and I like them but I don't feel the throttle response is quite as good with gearhead vs pip. And my 6.4 is a reg cab short bed "7k lbs" it's really light compared to my dad's 4 door dually with flatbed "10k+ lbs". Every truck is a little different but I haven't heard many complaints about gearhead.

#17 ·
I'm also going to add I haven't pulled anything with my gearhead tunes and since its not a work truck probly never will. like I said dads truck does perfectly fine till u hook on a trailer then it gets real jerky pretty sure it's 3rd gear tq converter locking

#18 ·
I purchased a SCT TS dpf delete from punch it performance and had no issues.

FYI sct tuner, delete pipe and S&B intake for sale in the classified section.

Hope all works out well with your issue.

#19 ·
I have been watching the CTS and Im not getting any surging until final gear lockup. I had this issue with my 6.0 and I never found a tune that didnt have at least one "quirk". I guess at this point Im going to see if I can locate GH street tune.

#22 ·
I have it on my 2010 with full deletes. I too experience the bucking when towing in the upper tunes. It does not buck in the level one tune which is the level that PIP recommends for towing. It seems more to me like a very touchy accelerator. It doesn't buck with the cruise, but without cruise once the bucking begins its perpetually worse. I pull a 16Klb RV.

#23 ·
I havent towed anything and it bucks like crazy on level 3 only between 65-75 with or without the cruise. Once get some extra money I am just going with a different tune all together.

#25 ·
So bumped up to PIP Level 4 tune, second revision they sent me. Lope at idle seems to be gone, but now there is a slight rattling can sound, more subtle than the rattle can before regen, during acceleration. More injector chatter you think? Obviously more fuel, more work for the injectors. motor seems way free, fast reponse and wants to go. But again seems too loose versus level 3 or below.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#26 ·
So I switched back to Level 3 PIP tune. EGTs have be averaging higher than I am comfortable with. 600 to 800 normal driving. Merging on to the freeway today, had to go about 70 to 80 percent throttle for about 4 seconds to keep a semi from having to switch lanes, I look down and max EGT was 1500! So I'm going to stick with Level 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.