Question on Spartan for Mick - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question on Spartan for Mick

I have had the tuner for a few weeks and have some questions. First, why does the 150 tune smoke alot more than the 210 tune? Also, if i plan to drive my truck for 300K which tune is easier on my truck provided i drive the same on each tune? I say this cause the 210 closes the EGR valve but the 150 tune leaves it open as normal. Is one way better for the truck than the other? Lastly, why is my lie-o-meter accurate on the 150 tune but not the 210? On the 210 it reads about 4mpg too high.

Thanks Mick for your help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2009, 08:27 PM

My 150 does the same thing. I would think it is due to the egr valve operating normally, but not really sure. I'll ask Matt, or Nutty and let you know what they have to say about it. As far as which tune to use, I really don't think you would have problems with any of them. Myself, I like the 210 tune over the 150, lower boost and better economy. It's also a great tow tune.....
Old 08-03-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1955 View Post
My 150 does the same thing. I would think it is due to the egr valve operating normally, but not really sure. I'll ask Matt, or Nutty and let you know what they have to say about it. As far as which tune to use, I really don't think you would have problems with any of them. Myself, I like the 210 tune over the 150, lower boost and better economy. It's also a great tow tune.....
Thanks Mick,
Looking forward to seeing your answers. Both the 150 and 210 are great and I plan to try the 75 tune next. The lie-o-meter thing is kinda of crazy to. I'll be interested to see what he says about that as well.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:52 PM

Got this info from Matt:

The egr is turned off on the 210, that's why it smokes less. As for the mileage meter, removing certain parts of the torque management affects its reactions. They aren't reliable on any tunes honestly.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1955 View Post
Got this info from Matt:

The egr is turned off on the 210, that's why it smokes less. As for the mileage meter, removing certain parts of the torque management affects its reactions. They aren't reliable on any tunes honestly.

Thanks for the info Mick! Both tunes run like a dream but the 210 is my personal choice. I ended up getting 2-3 but mostly 2-2.5mpg improvement and the truck runs so smooth and strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.