H&S Black Maxx Race Tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation H&S Black Maxx Race Tuner

We are nearing the release of the new H&S Black Maxx Race Tuner. In order to get the word out on this great product we are looking for a couple forum members to try it and post feedback. The pricing for the unit will be substantially below retail for 1 or 2 members that we find qualify for this opportunity. Estimated ship date is Aug 10, 2009. For more information and pricing e-mail me, Bentley.

bentley@hsperformance.com

More information can be seen about the unit at our website.
H&S Performance

This unit will come pre-loaded with a 75, 130, and 200hp tunes. All tunes will shut down the EGR and DPF Code-free, as well as being able to run with NO sensors installed in the exhaust system. Plus, power levels are shift on the fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nothing for the 6.0's?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Just specializing in DPF equipped vehicles as of right now (6.6LMM, 6.4Powerstroke, and 6.7Cummins). Down the road we may entertain the idea of building tuners for the older platforms.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Does this tuner reprogram the tranny as well?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We do not hack the TCM file with this tuner, but we do modify values contained in the ECU that greatly affect transmission shifting and performance. I am confident this tuner will compete well with the best of the best for the 6.4 powerstroke. Not to mention that any issues that may arise from different calibration numbers over time, will be easily fixed with an e-mail update.

Estimated initial download time on every truck will be close to 10 minutes. No need to have files e-mailed or wait for updates. Plug and play.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Shift on the fly tunes would make me nervous....and the fact that there is no TCM tuning
Old 08-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Shift on the fly tunes would make me nervous....and the fact that there is no TCM tuning
I assure you the shift on the fly feature is NOTHING to worry about. Without going into detail on how the shifting is done (trade secrets) i know some may be skeptical. Totally understandable, but I myself have driven near EVERY tuner on the market to date, and the Black Maxx is NOT lacking. My daily driver for over a year has been a 6.4L Powerstroke tuned with over 200hp tunes. These are NOT tunes just thrown together to sell a product and make a quick buck. H&S Performance is here to prove that we will not be a mid-level tuning company, we will be at the front of the pack.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to my knowledge the only tuning company that tunes the TCM is SCT. Many adjustments for the transmission exist in the ECU, without having to reflash the TCM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but to my knowledge the only tuning company that tunes the TCM is SCT. Many adjustments for the transmission exist in the ECU, without having to reflash the TCM.
OK, SPARTAN does the TCM, I wish yall the best of luck, But I don't think yall are going to be able to mess with what spartan has. yeah, he might have to E-mail us our tunes, but we can go from 40hp, to 275, and soon to be 310hp, at the rear wheels....
Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroken49s View Post
OK, SPARTAN does the TCM, I wish yall the best of luck, But I don't think yall are going to be able to mess with what spartan has. yeah, he might have to E-mail us our tunes, but we can go from 40hp, to 275, and soon to be 310hp, at the rear wheels....
Hmmm, maybe I could be wrong then. Maybe Spartan will confirm or deny for us. I know Spartan has had the reigns on the 6.4 for some time now, and I am in NO way discrediting their tuning. I am anxious for the day when our tuner gets put to the test head to head against the Spartan. Competition can only make the product better. The Black Maxx will have higher horsepower race tunes available shortly after the release of the unit.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jesse@MBRP
What are the dims of that tuner?

Sure looks like the Bully Dog GT tuner. Not saying it is...just stating the similarities in the construction.
Attached Thumbnails
H&S Black Maxx Race Tuner-40410_299.jpg   H&S Black Maxx Race Tuner-black-20maxx-20small.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.