Spartan On Road Tunes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Hit Man X Send a message via AIM to Hit Man X Send a message via MSN to Hit Man X Send a message via Yahoo to Hit Man X Send a message via Skype™ to Hit Man X
Thumbs up Spartan On Road Tunes?

Is there anyone out there running one of these?

I don't have the time to yank the DPF and reinstall each time I hit up the dealer for my services... not interested in warranty hassles otherwise I'd have yanked the DPF when I got the truck home.

My big issue I'm wanting to address is the awful defueling in first gear and clean up the shifting of the trans.

Looking at getting the 75hp On Road tune, 210hp Off Road tune for later, and another TBD once I am closer to buying this setup from Spart... probably the 150hp off road

Thanks for any input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There are a few people that have ran them. Greenhorn Diesel is one I know for sure who ran the 150 DPF-on tune
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Hit Man X Send a message via AIM to Hit Man X Send a message via MSN to Hit Man X Send a message via Yahoo to Hit Man X Send a message via Skype™ to Hit Man X
Thumbs up

Seems like the truck would be in Regen often w/ that much extra power?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I think Spartan advertises DPF-on tunes that are as clean or cleaner than stock. The fuel mileage increase would be very very small, but power gain and tranny shifts would be a positive for sure. I think Greenhorn Diesel saw like a 1.5 mpg increase with his 150 DPF-on tune
Old 07-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Yeah I don't see economy getting much better with that huge cork there, but until my warranty period is finished... on it stays. Same w/ the EGR crap, soon as warranty is exhausted they'll be bypassed/removed to the fullest extent I can do.

I just want something that's going to be noticeable enough to get the hell moving from a dead stop without a boosted launch and plain enough where I'll have no issues when I go in for scheduled maintenance/warranty concerns.

Obviously your tune is more radical when what I'm needing, but how's the first gear defueling with your Spartan? Basically nonexistant? To me, it's nearly a safety hazard trying to get my CCLB 4x4 F350 moving from 0-25mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.