old timers always wanna ruin the good stuff..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
old timers always wanna ruin the good stuff.....

why old timers (the guys that built there hot rods by hands with there monkey wrenchs ha) I ve had quite a few tell me running these tuners ( im running spartan at the moment) is just guna ruin my truck. no way it will last over 2 years they tell me whether i run it hard or not, they just say keep it stock its the best way to go ha...what is yalls take. give me some good comebacks lol ive run out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 08:54 PM

it's simple math, more fuel equals more heat or EGT's, more heat maketh the end come quicker, or how bout stock tuning sucks? and what the hells a monkey wrench??
Old 07-25-2009, 08:56 PM

Just line up with the old timers in there monkey wrench built hot rod and fill there car full of smoke.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:02 PM

lol not sure on the monkey wrench some old man said it ha, i just think if u maintain your truck right u can make it last at least 5 years with no issues...and yea smoking them out does sound GREAT..i like smoking the little prius out more tho ha there facial expressions are great when they see that black smoke
Old 07-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Dieseltorkin
The old timers i know refer to a crescent and/or pipe wrench as a monkey wrench
Old 07-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71 View Post
lol not sure on the monkey wrench some old man said it ha, i just think if u maintain your truck right u can make it last at least 5 years with no issues...and yea smoking them out does sound GREAT..i like smoking the little prius out more tho ha there facial expressions are great when they see that black smoke
The very first day I had my mods on a Prius driver actually got my attention at a stop light and gave me a "thumbs down", I just smiled at them and filled there rolled down window full of soot as soon as the light turned green and never looked back.

Sometimes I have a strong disliking for Californians!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AED F250 View Post
The very first day I had my mods on a Prius driver actually got my attention at a stop light and gave me a "thumbs down", I just smiled at them and filled there rolled down window full of soot as soon as the light turned green and never looked back.

I hear you buddy, me too I don't really know why I am still here
Old 07-25-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AED F250 View Post

next time you get that from a prius owner, pull them over, and proceed to ask them how they think their car got to the dealership.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
why old timers (the guys that built there hot rods by hands with there monkey wrenchs ha) I ve had quite a few tell me running these tuners ( im running spartan at the moment) is just guna ruin my truck. no way it will last over 2 years they tell me whether i run it hard or not, they just say keep it stock its the best way to go ha...what is yalls take. give me some good comebacks lol ive run out
If you are not completely stupid all the time with your truck, you will see a better longevity over stock. There is a thread on here fuel in oil

Read the thread, and then look at my oil reports. I am getting less wear metals, and better viscosities after 5k than I did stock. Let alone that there is no fuel in my oil now like there was stock due to the dpf. My truck isn't pushed to the max, I am only running the 210 tune. I would like to have the 310 for "just in case" situations. Yes, we are adding more fuel, and raising EGT's, but not by a whole lot compared to a stock regen cycle. When I got my Spartan, I didn't have the tunes. I plugged in the DD, so I could monitor some things. During regen, towing, I saw a little over 1500 pre turbo EGT's. That is on a stock truck doing what it is meant to do. Tow up long grades with that, and you have a lot of 1/4 mile runs just on a stretch of road(let alone more stress on the trans). Add that with the extra wear from fuel in the oil, and a stock truck most likely won't make it as long as a tuned truck as long as you drive with some common sense. As far as the trans is concerned, Spartan makes it better than stock. Less slip(if any) than a stock tranny. Now with the old timers...they tweaked their cars, but back then, what could you really do???? Take off the air filter, exhaust, and rework the carb, and mess with the timing. Their cars were so easy to work on back then, problem was if they had it running great one day, and the next it would run like garbage due to the humidity change, etc. Then their cars would break because there was zero back pressure, dirt getting into the engine, overheat due to lean carb tuning, etc. Let alone the the transmissions were not made to accept ANYTHING over stock. Today is different even with their cars. So much technology we can do a lot to cars and trucks. You can take one of their cars today, and really do amazing things with it and they can be built to hold up, same as our trucks. With everything done right, our trucks will be fine, and a lot of fun to drive
Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Odds are their "logic" is completely anecdotal. They have no hard facts. Ask for FACTS not "well, my brother did X back in '79 and it blewed up in 3 days!" They'll have nothing for you. I had a '00 lightning that I bought with 54k miles on it, and sold with 120k after dailing driving it for 3 years. The entire time I owned it, it was making double the stock boost. Seems to me it lasted just fine.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.