water/Meth - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
water/Meth

Ok,

Here I go again, just got my spartan tunes set up, CAI, and 4" all the way back .

So like everyone else I want more!!!! Looking at water meth I don't want to use my windshield washer resovior ( I can't sleep anymore )

so where is everyone hooking up the resoviors?

I am looking at the snow stage 3 kit which comes with a 3 quart resovir

Ha spelled it 3 different ways and they are all wrong, any way open for ideas

Thanks

dying in the heat in AZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrod68 View Post
Ok,

Here I go again, just got my spartan tunes set up, CAI, and 4" all the way back .

So like everyone else I want more!!!! Looking at water meth I don't want to use my windshield washer resovior ( I can't sleep anymore )

so where is everyone hooking up the resoviors?

I am looking at the snow stage 3 kit which comes with a 3 quart resovir

Ha spelled it 3 different ways and they are all wrong, any way open for ideas

Thanks

dying in the heat in AZ
My buddy has the Snow stage 3 kit with 7 gallon res. in the bed and he goes through that stuff pretty fast. I couldn't imagine having to keep up on a tiny little 3 quart res.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Ya, def go large on the resivoir. I was using the windshield washer jug for a short time, but it didnt last very long at all, like 100 miles or so. How long it lasts will be affect by your uses of the system and the size of the nozzles, too. Where in AZ are you?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I live in the wonderful Yuma!!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have my 7 gallon reservoir in my tool box. Also, I'm pretty sure that snow is located out in arizona.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Good kit for EGT's, but your really not going to get much power gain out if one...
Old 07-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Good kit for EGT's, but your really not going to get much power gain out if one...
I reduced my 1/4 mile times by ~.2 of a second with the SNOW Stage 3. I run mine from the WW resivor, with out issues. 50/50 DI water and Methanol.

Mike
Old 07-27-2009, 05:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd6.4 View Post
I reduced my 1/4 mile times by ~.2 of a second with the SNOW Stage 3. I run mine from the WW resivor, with out issues. 50/50 DI water and Methanol.

Mike
That's good man, but read what I said again. I said not much of a power gain, I didn't say no power gain. There have been plenty of guys that have ran fuel only and then water/meth added on the same dyno and see a 15-20 horsepower difference. That's not very much for someone looking for MORE horsepower, especially for what you pay for those kits. If someone is looking for a little power and some EGT drop, it's a great investment. .2 in 1/4 could have been determined by a lot of things...(quicker 60 foot time due to a better launch, temperature difference, etc.)
Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
That's good man, but read what I said again. I said not much of a power gain, I didn't say no power gain. There have been plenty of guys that have ran fuel only and then water/meth added on the same dyno and see a 15-20 horsepower difference. That's not very much for someone looking for MORE horsepower, especially for what you pay for those kits. If someone is looking for a little power and some EGT drop, it's a great investment. .2 in 1/4 could have been determined by a lot of things...(quicker 60 foot time due to a better launch, temperature difference, etc.)
I never disputed what you posted.....? I posted my lower ET's running the SNOW Stage 3 Kit, same day with consistant 1.80's 60' times, etc, etc, using a 50/50 blend of Methanol and DI water. I have no basis for HP gains, etc, etc. that a dyno would read / show.

Mike

Mike
Old 07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How much are you looking to spend? Because I purchased Snow performance Stage 3 Kit with 7 gallon res. but my truck blew both heads and turbo and egr cooler before I could put it on so I am selling it to offset my repair bill of over $5000 and it it still in bow brand new never installed. Do you want it for much less than buying from store or online?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.