so the 6.4 is a pretty bad *****.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so the 6.4 is a pretty bad *****..

Just finished the new tunes from Diablo for the 6.4. My extreme tune yielded 440hp/891 ft lbs. She had more in her but i had hit near my goal of 160 extra rear wheel hp. Torque jumped up from 550 to that so i was very pleased. The truck drove like it was supposed to have that kind of power. Trans didn't seem to mind the extra power either. Ford deff did this truck right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGT94 View Post
Just finished the new tunes from Diablo for the 6.4. My extreme tune yielded 440hp/891 ft lbs. She had more in her but i had hit near my goal of 160 extra rear wheel hp. Torque jumped up from 550 to that so i was very pleased. The truck drove like it was supposed to have that kind of power. Trans didn't seem to mind the extra power either. Ford deff did this truck right.
Good to hear
Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Is this with or without the DPF?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:16 PM

truck was bone stock...so with dpf
Old 07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Are you guys going to do anything like Edge has done with the DPF off-road tunes? I have a Predator for the 6.4, but it is no good anymore since I have the Spartan and DPF delete.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:22 PM

I havent had much time with these trucks yet to really say. I wouldn't mind writing some custom tunes for people with dpf deletes. My boss asked today what i was going to do once i was done with these tunes and before i could even answer he wants me to do the dodge diesels haha. Might be worth doing though, I have some serious capabilities with the software i use to write these tunes. I will probably hold off on the dodge stuff and continue working with the 6.4 stuff. What is spartan getting out of the trucks to the wheels?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I havent had much time with these trucks yet to really say. I wouldn't mind writing some custom tunes for people with dpf deletes. My boss asked today what i was going to do once i was done with these tunes and before i could even answer he wants me to do the dodge diesels haha. Might be worth doing though, I have some serious capabilities with the software i use to write these tunes. I will probably hold off on the dodge stuff and continue working with the 6.4 stuff. What is spartan getting out of the trucks to the wheels?
500-540 with the Spartan 275 tune. Different guys have seen different numbers on different dynoes.

I am testing a 310 tune for Spartan right now, along with a few others. My truck made 560/1110 on David Dunbar's dyno (Dynojet) with a 1.02 correction factor. 549 uncorrected.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:58 PM

I want to get a modded truck (like yours for instance) in here for some testing. I could deff make numbers similar to that. Like i said, she had no signs of wanting to stop as far as making power goes. Are you rockin' a stock transmission?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I want to get a modded truck (like yours for instance) in here for some testing. I could deff make numbers similar to that. Like i said, she had no signs of wanting to stop as far as making power goes. Are you rockin' a stock transmission?
Yea, the only tranny mod is a Suncoast direct solenoid replacement. All it does is apllies more pressure to the direct clutches for the 3rd and 4th shifts. Everything else in the tranny is stock...for now. 25,000 miles running the Spartan 275, and 310 tunes (7-8,000 miles with the 310). And I "drive" my truck
Old 07-17-2009, 02:04 PM

Yea i have to say i was very impressed with the way the truck handled the torque...acted perfectly fine. It was like the power was supposed to be there, very impressive v.s. the way the 6.0L handles around 700 ft lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.