SCT Extreme - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Deer Park,Tx
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Extreme

Ive been deciding of i want to do the DPF / Cat delete on my new truck. Ive been looking at the Edge revolution & also the SCT & Spartan tuners. What is the difference between the SCT Extreme & the SCT Livewire. My truck is a 2009 Ford with the 6.4. Iam kinda leaning towards getting the SCT Extreme. Iam just not wanting to spend the $1500.00 for the Spartan setup rite now. I could use some good advice on why to use a specific tuner. Iam just looking for more MPG's & not a race truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,441
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
spartan all the way no way to beat it an the money is well worth it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,769
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wouldn't even fool with the SCT Liveiwire. If your going to go the SCT route (which you shouldn't, GO SPARTAN) wait and get the Touchscreen Extreme.

Like kingranch89 said, your best option is going to be Spartan. If you go ahead and just pull the tigger on it, you wont regret not getting it later on down the road. That is the case with a lot of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: EDMOND, OK
Posts: 2,735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have sct and i agree with them. get a spartan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Deer Park,Tx
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What makes the Spartan better than the edge or sct tuners. Don't they typically do the same thing. I just need more clarifcation on why I should spend $1500 for something that a $900 package that will do the same thing. Appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Emergency Services

 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lawton, OK
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09stroker View Post
What makes the Spartan better than the edge or sct tuners. Don't they typically do the same thing. I just need more clarifcation on why I should spend $1500 for something that a $900 package that will do the same thing. Appreciate any feedback.

+1
I would also like to know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: EDMOND, OK
Posts: 2,735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09stroker View Post
What makes the Spartan better than the edge or sct tuners. Don't they typically do the same thing. I just need more clarifcation on why I should spend $1500 for something that a $900 package that will do the same thing. Appreciate any feedback.
Well the edge is a deff no in my opinion. The sct is ok but with sct's software that rcd and innovative have they cant get the trans tunning like matt at spartan can. (or matts just that good). The sct livewire box is ugly and bulky unless you get the new touch screen one that not even out to the public yet. There is someone on here you can get one from as a beta tester for cheaper then the regular price will be. The dashdaq from spartan looks good and has a ton of options even gps. do you need more reasons??? but deff dont bother with the edge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,769
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan tunning is PROVEN to be the best, and by this I mean fuel economy, reliability, and power. Spartan also has far superior transmission tuning than any SCT custom tuner. Many people running the SCT custom tunes from Innovative have had to get thier torque converters repleced. I don't know of a single tranny failure from a Spartan tuned truck running the 275 tune and lower. The DashDAQ is the best monitor available on the market period for monitoring parameters and reading codes, and like stated above you can get really good GPS on it for $200 extra. If that doesn't sell you on Spartan, than I don't know what else to tell you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chaplin, CT
Posts: 828
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Spartan tunning is PROVEN to be the best, and by this I mean fuel economy, reliability, and power. Spartan also has far superior transmission tuning than any SCT custom tuner. Many people running the SCT custom tunes from Innovative have had to get thier torque converters repleced. I don't know of a single tranny failure from a Spartan tuned truck running the 275 tune and lower. The DashDAQ is the best monitor available on the market period for monitoring parameters and reading codes, and like stated above you can get really good GPS on it for $200 extra. If that doesn't sell you on Spartan, than I don't know what else to tell you
What he said! I too have both SCT and Spartan, the power delivery and transmission tuning of the Spartan beat's the SCT hands down. Don't get me wrong, the SCT works ok in the lower power levels with tranny shifting, just not like the Spartan. The "learn" time with the SCT is much greater than the Spartan, and if you change driving style it has to "relearn". This all happens very quickly and smoothly when running Spartan tuning. If you run the higher levels the tranny just doesn't work real smooth(certainly can't help the tranny live longer). Many customers have purchased SCT's because they are less money, only the later purchase the Spartan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: EDMOND, OK
Posts: 2,735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroker67 View Post
What he said! I too have both SCT and Spartan, the power delivery and transmission tuning of the Spartan beat's the SCT hands down. Don't get me wrong, the SCT works ok in the lower power levels with tranny shifting, just not like the Spartan. The "learn" time with the SCT is much greater than the Spartan, and if you change driving style it has to "relearn". This all happens very quickly and smoothly when running Spartan tuning. If you run the higher levels the tranny just doesn't work real smooth(certainly can't help the tranny live longer). Many customers have purchased SCT's because they are less money, only the later purchase the Spartan
I agree 100 % I wish the spartan would have been out when I bought my livewire awhile back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors