good day with a twist - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good day with a twist

noon fedex shows up with spartan

15 mins later UPS, shows up with my package,,,,,,,,,,,,well its was to be a cat/dpf delete pipe only ........not, its that plus a full 5 in kit!!!! Checked my bill and i was only charged for the delete pipe (250.00)

i called john at cobbs right away( i guess hes out sick today) to explain to him the mix up. Did talk to john sr. about what i wanted,he said they would get it worked out tomorrow,fair is fair i don't want anyone coming up short,anyways.........

2 hours later i fax over the wavier to spartan, half hour later spartan e-mails me my registration info, that was quick i thought after reading about delays sometimes.

hour later, i get home... log on(Spartans) and do my info, hit finish and there web site says they will call shorty. thinking yea right it's after 4:30 pm......10 mins later Donna calls me to go over and answer any questions i have.

then 30 mins or so Mick e-mails about login on the spartans fourm,WAY TO GO GUYS, THATS GOOD SERVICE.

so far great service with cobbs and spartan

i order the 275,210,175,and the 150 with dpf on.

do i want to keep the 5in??

i was thinking about mbrp 4in duals, i don't want to remove the 5in completely and put the factory back on, if i need to.

what do u guys think?? keep and pay the difference or save and wait for mbrp??

Last edited by 1olddogtwo; 07-09-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Keep, 5" sounds the best. John himself went from 4" duals to 5" after hearing my truck
Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Congrats on getting your goodies. Now enjoy your "new" truck!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to ididntdoit5150 Send a message via Yahoo to ididntdoit5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Keep, 5" sounds the best. John himself went from 4" duals to 5" after hearing my truck
you dont happen to have any videos of what that sounds like do you?? thats why im kicking my self every day for. when i got my delete pipe from with my SCT i ordered a 4", but it only came with a 3.5". i was an idiot and said screw it its only a 1/2"...

so now im looking at doing it all again and going with a full 5" system. not sure about duals or not tho.. i kinda want duals haha. oh and with a 4" downpipe

also anyone looking for a stack kit, im trying to sell mine. MBRP bed kit, with Grand Rock 6" mitre cut stacks (dual) powder coated semi gloss black... pm me
Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Honesty = Good Karma. I bet they will let you have it at a reduced price for fessing up to the mix up.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 AM

Gald to here you are getting good service John at Cobbs is top notch and he will get you taken care of. If i was you i would keep the 5" i have it on my truck and love it
Old 07-10-2009, 04:26 PM

well i talked with john this morning( called me 1st thing) we talk abit,,,,,,,,,, he said i could do a reducer to attach the dpf to the 5 in kit if need and hook me up with a tip for cost of the parts............its a fair offer or do i tell him no and be picky..............not

i like to research some thing before buying. it does anyone know how a 5in straight thru sounds??? any weird problems like donons(sp) in RPM's?? or shaking ?? will the turbos sound be loud ?? will it sound like a f-16 outside the truck? i guess anything anyone has to offer will help out,
Old 07-13-2009, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to ididntdoit5150 Send a message via Yahoo to ididntdoit5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddogtwo View Post
well i talked with john this morning( called me 1st thing) we talk abit,,,,,,,,,, he said i could do a reducer to attach the dpf to the 5 in kit if need and hook me up with a tip for cost of the parts............its a fair offer or do i tell him no and be picky..............not

i like to research some thing before buying. it does anyone know how a 5in straight thru sounds??? any weird problems like donons(sp) in RPM's?? or shaking ?? will the turbos sound be loud ?? will it sound like a f-16 outside the truck? i guess anything anyone has to offer will help out,
sorry i cant help with any info that your looking for, i would just like to know some of these answers as well guys. im looking for a full 5" real soon

thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddogtwo View Post

Mine (5" downpipe back) sounds good, loud outside but not inside and it does sound like a jet taking off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.