Superduty 08 King Ranch w/6.4 What Mods? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Superduty 08 King Ranch w/6.4 What Mods?

Ok just bought a 08 Super Duty King Ranch with 32,000 miles on it. I do welding and haul a welding trailer. With or with out trailer in town or on highway I am lucky to get 10.5 or so MPG. What are the best mods for fuel mileage / performance when needed.

Also I cannot do a lot of upgrades probably just 1 -2 per month. What would you do first second third ect. What brands and how was are the mods for someone with moderate experience with cars and trucks.

One guy said to disconnect the DPF, add new air intake and a programmer . My goal if possible I would love to get 13-14 mpg maybe not possible but i do not want a lack of towing power / passing power if hauling a trailer..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am no 6.4 guy so Welcome to the Org and post some pics of your truck
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

DPF delete is the big mileage booster down side is you have to have a tuner As that goes I have the SCT w/ IDP tunes and S&B intake. There will be a lot of guys telling you about the "Spartan" I am happy with what I have
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlocators View Post
Ok just bought a 08 Super Duty King Ranch with 32,000 miles on it. I do welding and haul a welding trailer. With or with out trailer in town or on highway I am lucky to get 10.5 or so MPG. What are the best mods for fuel mileage / performance when needed.

Also I cannot do a lot of upgrades probably just 1 -2 per month. What would you do first second third ect. What brands and how was are the mods for someone with moderate experience with cars and trucks.

One guy said to disconnect the DPF, add new air intake and a programmer . My goal if possible I would love to get 13-14 mpg maybe not possible but i do not want a lack of towing power / passing power if hauling a trailer..
1 Guages, Oil Temp, Trany Temp and Egt

2 DPF/CAT delete oops i forgot a 4" turbo back straight pipe.

3. Spartan Tune

4. EGR delete.

5. Have a blast!

Welcome to the Addiction um I mean Org. from a 6.0 guy who wishes he could afford a 08 mod complete with a 6.4.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Dieseltorkin
I would get a Spartan with the DPF delete or the DPF/Cat delete. Your gonna be in the neighborhood of $1500 with that. I would recommend the 150 or 210 tune for what your doing, for intake either an AFE or S&B. With those you will be right around the MPG's your wanting to see and possible a few more
Our vendors can hook you up with everything you will need and possibly even make you a package deal!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well with everything I want to spend sub $3000 so it seems doable Any recommendations on vendors. Any of these mods need done by a service shop? Also will these void the power train warranty. The bumper to bumpers is almost out at 36000 so no too concerned about that. Hope to start these mods soon wife has me on spending restriction after today. Added a replacement cattlemans bumper/grill guard, rear bumper and spray in liner and just built a headache rack and sent it to powder coat today so after she seen the $2400 i spent this week I told her i would hold off a few more and not do everything at one time
Old 07-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You can spend less than $3,000 on a Spartan setup. It's the best and most proven setup on the market. Contact John Cobb about a package deal, his website link is in my signature below.

As far as warranty goes, don't get caught with it if your dealership is not mod friendly. Either find a dealer that is or you have to put EVERYTHING back to stock for warranty work without the dealer ever knowing.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:58 PM

Get Spartan... You won't be disappointed!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.