tuner help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 03:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tuner help!

someone please put my wondering to an end. I keep going back and forth in my head about spartan or sct with custom tunes. I want something that is EASY to use that does not freeze all the time and something that will run the best with great shifting. I will put a 5" exhaust on the truck once I pick one. I dont tow and my truck is a daily driver. So what will be the best for me. I hated to start a new thread but give me some input. I also heard the h&s is coming out with a shift on the fly too anyone on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

im partial to spartan, No matter who you go with thre is going to be a little work involved because you have to have drivers on your computer to make things work and things like that but spartan is easy to use the dashdaq is by far way better than sct, sct sucks and the gauges are not good on the livewire. a good daily driver tune is a race tune or a hot street file. I havent heard of anyone running the hs tuner.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Spartan is the way to go man. Like Dustin said above, the DashDAQ is the most superior tuning/monitoring device on the market. Spartan also has good tuning from stock horsepower up to 210 extra horsepower. You also have proven safe race files like the 250 and 275 tunes.

As far as the H&S tuner, I am not sure that it has been released for the 6.4 yet, but the 6.7 Cummins boys seem to LOVE the thing. There will be a 250 horsepower file available with the H&S tuner. I guess we will see here in the next few months what kind of performance H&S has to offer our crowd!
Old 07-05-2009, 05:17 PM

We should have a H&S BETA Tuner within the next week!
Old 07-05-2009, 05:30 PM

I have SCT with Innovative and Elite's tunes and hoping to get DP Tuners tune here soon. I like it, had a few issues with tunes at the start but overall its been good. Like others have said its not as nice as a spartan as far as gauges and all that, but it works and I have other gauges, so i dont use the sct all the time.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming. As for the spartan what are the best tunes? I def want the 275 but I'm scared to mess something up. Is it really safe for everyday driving? Hey cobbs what do you know so far about the h&s.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyD07 View Post
Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming. As for the spartan what are the best tunes? I def want the 275 but I'm scared to mess something up. Is it really safe for everyday driving? Hey cobbs what do you know so far about the h&s.
I got the 75, 150, and 210 tunes as my 3 tunes, and then I got the 275 as well. The 275 is a good everyday driving tune, but if you dont like the shifting and you have to be careful about blowing smoke in your area, the 210 tune is a great every day driving tune

Last edited by 08stroker250; 07-05-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:35 PM

i run the 275 even when towing, great tune overall but 08stroker is right 210 is a good tune with almost no smoke
Old 07-06-2009, 04:19 AM

I have talked to Casey several times in regards to the BlackMaxx and it should be on the market soon, I will post up info as soon as I have one in my hands for testing.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyD07 View Post
Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming.
Plus 1 for the Spartan. I love it! The Dash Daq is badazz. You can pretty much monitor every part on the truck. Its amazing. If I was buying again, or in the market, I would hands down go Spartan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.