Warranty Work and No Issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 07-03-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Warranty Work and No Issues

Just to set some people's mind at ease-those wondering about spartan being traceable or whatever, I took mine off to have a leaky oil pump fixed. They didn't say anything, ask any questions or anything. They did however reflash my truck, which I specifically asked them NOT to do so now I don't know if my tunes are gonna work. But they replaced the pump under warranty with no issues.
dudshep31 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict


 
08stroker250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What happened with the HPFP?

Jeff Dodd
spartan_jeff12@yahoo.com

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
08stroker250 is offline  
post #3 of 30 Old 07-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah i just recently put mine back to stock to get warranty work done and an oil change. oh yeah and a melted dpf sensor, check engine light came on about 200 miles after i swapped everthing over. i got codes p2452 and p2453. it was fine when i put it in during the exhaust change out but o well. No questions asked. everything was under warranty

Quote:
They did however reflash my truck, which I specifically asked them NOT to do so now I don't know if my tunes are gonna work.
not sure... i cant remember it is saves your original stock tune when u first use the dash dac or if it was given to me from spartan


All Black 2008 F250 FX4 Spartan 275 tune, Dp back flow pro 4" dual exhaust, afe stage 2 intake, recon thrid and rear brake light, HID headlights, XD series 18" Addict wheels, 35X12.50R18LT Cooper Discoverer STT tires

Last edited by f.polcari; 07-03-2009 at 10:46 PM.
f.polcari is offline  
post #4 of 30 Old 07-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

 
GoFastPadre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lebanon TN
Posts: 2,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very good info for those guys running their tunes. The SCT for 6.0's is untraceable as well.

tennesseepowerstrokes@gmail.com To reach GoFastPadre Tennessee Powerstrokes Official Chapter Area





GoFastPadre is offline  
post #5 of 30 Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
dzchey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yup and anything play dumb

Your tunes may or may not work, sucks they flashed it.

single turbo'd 6.4
dzchey21 is offline  
post #6 of 30 Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
George C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A little reality check here for those with some common sense.

You guys can kid yourselves all day long, but trust me, if you have a meltdown caused by a tuner, the heads and pistons will be giving up the little secret just by their look and color, a color that a stock tuned truck doesn't make.....
Point being, don't think you are untraceable just because your service tech didn't say something. I guarantee he didn't even look or think to look, care to look, or have any reason to look. He probably doesn't even have the skills or the tools to know how to look or what to look for, and he probably couldn't care less.
It's when you have a breakdown that could be caused by running a hot tune too hard. When the field rep shows up, he's gonna know just exactly what to look for, and he's gonna know just what caused the problem....
So, don't feel so confident. Just drive your rig with a little respect for the power it makes and you will never have to face those issues.

2008 F-350
KEM 345 tuned.
George C is offline  
post #7 of 30 Old 07-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
CobbsDieselPerformance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Loudon, TN
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
A little reality check here for those with some common sense.

You guys can kid yourselves all day long, but trust me, if you have a meltdown caused by a tuner, the heads and pistons will be giving up the little secret just by their look and color, a color that a stock tuned truck doesn't make.....
Point being, don't think you are untraceable just because your service tech didn't say something. I guarantee he didn't even look or think to look, care to look, or have any reason to look. He probably doesn't even have the skills or the tools to know how to look or what to look for, and he probably couldn't care less.
It's when you have a breakdown that could be caused by running a hot tune too hard. When the field rep shows up, he's gonna know just exactly what to look for, and he's gonna know just what caused the problem....
So, don't feel so confident. Just drive your rig with a little respect for the power it makes and you will never have to face those issues.
When the heads were off my truck there was no signs my truck had ever been tuned.
CobbsDieselPerformance is offline  
post #8 of 30 Old 07-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbsDieselPerformance View Post
When the heads were off my truck there was no signs my truck had ever been tuned.
How many miles did you have on your truck when they pulled the heads?

Last edited by Wildcat; 07-04-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Wildcat is offline  
post #9 of 30 Old 07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
George C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbsDieselPerformance View Post
When the heads were off my truck there was no signs my truck had ever been tuned.

Oh yeah there was, you just didn't know what to look for..
Trust me, the field reps know exactly what to look for, and it ain't electronic.....

I'm not trying to start a brew-ha-ha, but for people who think they can get past the "man" from Ford with a failure due to a tuner is only kidding themselves.
I don't thinnk we will see anybody on these boards out there with problems because most of us are clued in on how to run a tuned diesel, but the kid who is unaware that 2,000 degrees probably means "lift" will get pinched hard when things go south...

2008 F-350
KEM 345 tuned.
George C is offline  
post #10 of 30 Old 07-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
Oh yeah there was, you just didn't know what to look for..
Trust me, the field reps know exactly what to look for, and it ain't electronic.....

I'm not trying to start a brew-ha-ha, but for people who think they can get past the "man" from Ford with a failure due to a tuner is only kidding themselves.
I don't thinnk we will see anybody on these boards out there with problems because most of us are clued in on how to run a tuned diesel, but the kid who is unaware that 2,000 degrees probably means "lift" will get pinched hard when things go south...
^^^^^^ There you have it, enough said.
Wildcat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome