Will they void the warrenty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will they void the warrenty

So back with a Ford (the last Ford 2000 F350 went through 5 Auto Trannys) after 3 years with a Durmax that drank a quart of oil every 100 miles.

So the new ride is a 08 6 speed manual F350 SWD Crew 4x4 Lariat package.
The exhaust cleaning program has to go. Is there something out there that will not leave a foot print?
What about a exhaust brake to slow this thing down?
What else is there that will help it out. I haul a 3400lb slide in camper with a 18 foot car trailer loaded with toys,
I did buy the extended warrenty 4 years/48,000mi. I don't want to give them any reason to void it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If they catch you with a tuner installed, they can void your warranty. It's up to them. Key word though is "catch".

What ever you do, revert it back to stock prior to having any warranty work done.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Yea, Spartan should not leave a traceable foot print as long as they just do a normal dealer scan. If they really went in debth they could probably find it.

The list:
1. 5" downpipe back exhaust
2. AFE Stage II or S&B cold air intake
3. Spartan Diesel Tech tuner (you choose the tunes you get)
4. Maybe a clutch depending on the power you go with
5. BD Power MIGHT be coming out with an exhaust break, no recent word on it though

***Most important thing is to put the truck back to stock (exhaust, cold air intake, tuner, everything) before you take it to the dealer for any kind of warranty work. Ford is probably going to be trying harder than ever to void warranty work. So the truck would probably need to look as it did the day you drove it off the lot.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

GO WITH SPARTAN i just put mine in tonight it took 2hrs with the install of the programs and the delete pipe and i did it at work on the gravel parking lot with a set of rachets. the power is amazing!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiger View Post
So back with a Ford (the last Ford 2000 F350 went through 5 Auto Trannys) after 3 years with a Durmax that drank a quart of oil every 100 miles.

So the new ride is a 08 6 speed manual F350 SWD Crew 4x4 Lariat package.
The exhaust cleaning program has to go. Is there something out there that will not leave a foot print?
What about a exhaust brake to slow this thing down?
What else is there that will help it out. I haul a 3400lb slide in camper with a 18 foot car trailer loaded with toys,
I did buy the extended warrenty 4 years/48,000mi. I don't want to give them any reason to void it.
The biggest question is wether or not your dealer is MOD friendly. Our local dealers have became very acceptable to the idea of DPF Delete, in fact one of the dealers has sent me quite a few customers. They will work on and warranty the the trucks with the DPF removed unless its a major job they will request you put the DPF back on in-case one of the "Suits" shows up to approve the warranty work.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbsDieselPerformance View Post
The biggest question is wether or not your dealer is MOD friendly. Our local dealers have became very acceptable to the idea of DPF Delete, in fact one of the dealers has sent me quite a few customers. They will work on and warranty the the trucks with the DPF removed unless its a major job they will request you put the DPF back on in-case one of the "Suits" shows up to approve the warranty work.
Cobbs is 100% right. the dealer is smart enough and they can tell if you take your dpf on and off. fresh scratch marks on the bolts/nuts and the dpf not matching the rest of your exhaust. These techs are not dumb and can pick that stuff out. You just have to go to a few dealers and find a mod friendly one. For example I have a dpf delete and Had a injector stick open and it burned a hole in the piston and they are replacing my whole motor heads turbo and PCM. If its a good dealer they will do it. If its a ****ttty dealer that doesnt give a crap about there customers or techs then they will void your warranty.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:41 PM

I found an oil leak on my truck last night. Only has 35900 miles on it. So I just put it back to stock and should be good for the warranty?
Old 06-24-2009, 03:53 PM

Should be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.