LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-22-2014, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Clank" noise - Tailshaft

Greetings,

Originally I thought I had a U-Joint that was going out due to a loud "clank!" noise when shifting from DRIVE into REVERSE. My dad happened to be by the house and I asked him to see if he could pin-point the source of the noise while I shifted the transmission.

He found that it makes the noise from what he refers to as the "tail shaft" (I'm not a super gear-head, so forgive me if that's not really what it's called). It's the point furthest-back on the transmission where the driveshaft originates. He didn't know if this

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm hearing? Has anyone ever had this happen to them, or know what the cause may be? I was present before I tuned the truck, but not all that loud. Now that it's tuned you can really notice it.

I can take a short video on my phone if needed. Any insight would be great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2008 F250 XLT CCSB 6.4 PSD -|- 3.73:1 -|- Spartan Phalanx -|- Sinster EGR Delete w/ Elbow -|- Sinister CAC Pipe -|- Sinister Coolant Filter -|- Sinister Oil & Fuel Filter Caps -|- 5" Turbo Back Flo~Pro Exhaust -|- Banks Ram-Air CAI -|- Helo Rims w/ LT305x55x20 Nitto Terra Grapplers -|- FabTech -|- CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna -|- WeatherTech Floor Liners -|- Fumoto Valve -|-

1986 F250 XLT ECLB 6.9 IDI -|- 3.55:1 -|- All Original -|- 50K Miles -|- Grandfather-to-Grandson -|- Garage Kept / MINT!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode