P0757 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0757

I just recently replaced my 03 F-250 6.0L, last 6.0 I will ever buy fyi, with a 08 6.4L with 120k miles. I purchased it from a dealer about 80 miles away. They offer a certified vehicle with a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty. The truck runs great got 20 MPG on the lie o meter on the trip home. Engine sounds good no chattiness or weird sound out of the tranny. When I got about 5 miles from home, however, the check engine light came on. I ran codes and got the P0757 code which means Solenoid B is stuck on or rather that is what the ECM thinks is happening. I had planned on taking it to the local Ford "stealership" and having them do a hot flush even before the fault code, but don't wanna do that till I get this issue resolved. I cleared the code two days later the same code came back. I figured at this point I will clear it one more time and if it comes back I will make the 80 mile trip back. CEL came back two days later and I figured that was it, i'm taking it back. Checked the code and turns out it was the coolant temp remaining low. Figure its a thermostat stuck open and will replace myself. Cleared code and the next day P0757 came back. So I figure I need to take it in.

The odd thing about it is I don't really notice a difference in the transmission shifting or anything. seems to drive fine which makes me believe its a ECM issue. I'm threading this because I'm wondering if there is anything I should do before driving the 80 miles to the dealer and them telling me its a fuse or some crap. Thanks for any info.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
codes, fault, shifting problems, tranny help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.