not your average rev slam problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 11:02 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not your average rev slam problem

ok so first of all i understand the concept of how the 5r110 works and i understand the issues associated with the 3-5 shift. i have been having this problem alot and can almost get the trans to do it on command. i have done the add fluid trick and have serviced trans to no avail. when i was coming home one day it did it three times in a row because it would slam so hard i would let out of it and as soon as i got back in it it would slam again. it had never threw codes until it did it that much and it was a p2702-transmission friction element c apply time range/performance. i am considering replacing all the solenoids but i would like to have a diagram on them i saw one somewhere but i cant find it again. i would also like to add a gogo solenoid but my question is can it be used for other solenoids to maybe upgrade them also or can it only be used for the direct drive solenoid. i also am having a problem with the trans temp sensor it has a dead spot at 148 degrees i dont know if its related but im just adding more info because that just showed up last weekend. i am running a spartan 300 tune and i have tried other tunes and it does it on them all that i have tried from 210 to 300. trans seems to hold fine when towing and driving never had any problems with overheating or felt any slipping im not hard on the truck at all i just run the 300 tune because i get awsome mileage with it. but i have floored it a couple times and when i do it seems to get confused and does know how to shift sometimes it will shift late and other times it wil shift real early and lug the crap out of it. i know this is a long post but trying to give as much info as possible i appreciate any info, advice, or suggestions any one has and thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't know about your solenoid questions but I know for a fact that a bad temp sensor will cause weird shifting issues. I dealt with it on mine.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
forgot to add it also gets stuck in gear after it slams i belive it to be 3rd but not 100% for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
I don't know about your solenoid questions but I know for a fact that a bad temp sensor will cause weird shifting issues. I dealt with it on mine.
yea i figured it would cause some problems but it didnt seem to affect anything it has been doing the rev slam for about 3 months and the sensor just happened
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.