Another toasted 5R110W - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another toasted 5R110W

Hey guys,

Bought my 2008 F350 SC back in April with the IDP Xtreme Tunes and SCTLivewire. Been running it mainly in XtremeStreet and XtremeRace, with the RaceLock tranny program.

I've been searching around on here and it seems that I'm the owner of another blown/burnt up 5R110W. I was driving home last night and went to pass a car (legally) driving under the speed limit, and as soon as I put my foot into it, the truck revved and didn't go anywhere. Tried again and it rev slammed, wrench light came on. P0766 and P2703. Everything I am reading is pointing to a failed tranny.

What do you guys recommend. I didn't need this to happen now, trying to save for my wedding next year, but I need to get my truck up and running ASAP. I expected to have to rebuild/replace my trans at some point, but not this soon. Do I buy a new tranny ~$3200-$3500 and send mine in for a core, or have someone rebuild it local with the kits from PATC or Suncoast? I need to figure this out quick because this truck is my DD.

I need recommendations on who to use, and what to do. A big thanks in advance.

Keith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hi, I just had the same problem with my built trans with 68k miles. Tc fell apart while in street x on sct overheated then whent through the whole trans and wiped it out. I'm filling my trans with suncoast right now. It won't cost any more than $3500 while still using my billet parts that are still good. Same situation maybe it'll help
Old 09-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Try reflashing the truck and clearing the codes. If that doesn't work, you'll need a rebuild. Running Xtreme Race isn't advisable for daily driving.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

Or it could of been from running "XtremeStreet and XtremeRace".
Hmm... No way those could of caused it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.