New or Rebuilt Transmission - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New or Rebuilt Transmission

Has anyone ever dealt with Performance Innovations Wilmington,NC???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Premium Member

wow crickets, now i'm concerned. hmmmm
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

for what it's worth, I live about an hour north of Wilmington.. I've never heard of them...

if your heading this far south for a trans, though, I HIGHLY rec a dude in North Charleston SC... give me a few, and I'll dig up his contact info.. there may be builders in the country who are as good, but I'm willing to bet there are none better..

Phone: (843) 793-4607
Email: GriffinTransmission@gmail.com

dude's name is Robert Griffin...

incidentally, though- if you're going for a new transmission instead- I highly rec PATC.. I think they have ours at around $3.5k, or up to $5.5k for as solid a trans as you'll ever need.. you can purchase outright or do the core trade in thing.. they are here:

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/5R110W_Performance_Transmission_5R110W_Billet_Part s_and_Torque_Converter.htm

Last edited by drewactual; 01-25-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
This thread was enough to turn me off of them...

Performance Innovations is a joke!

Thanks Drew for the info and link to PATC. Have you had any personal dealings with them? Used one of their performance/built transmissions?

I know the guys with older trucks rely on BTS (Brian's Truck Shop) for their 4R100 built transmissions and from what I have read they are a reliable builder with an excellent reputation. Anyone know if they also work on our 5R110W?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 AM

personal dealings with PATC? sorta.. I installed two on two separate friends Dodge trucks.. they make flat out the best 46/47/48RFE on the planet (megaviper)..

understand, anyone can -build- a trans to the same specs.. the difference with them is the quality of build (attention to detail) and the pairing of t/c's.. they cut no corners and are absolutely straight shooters- if they say it's 'in there', it by God is.. that beats the pure snot out of builders who slily smile and say "we used our super secret mix of parts and pieces"..

yes, they build 5R110W's.. from $3k'ish to $5.5k.. My guess is you won't find a better one, maybe an as good one, but likely not one better..

edited to add: You're in VaBeach.. you're about five hours haul from N. Charleston SC.. I HIGHLY rec Robert Griffin down there.. he is another example of "find one as good, but not better" builders I've dealt with directly or indirectly... the dude knows what he is doing and is a straight shooter.

Last edited by drewactual; 02-08-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.