Downshifting for no reason? Torque Converter? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Downshifting for no reason? Torque Converter?

Hello, I dont even know where to begin. I love Ford but this thing is killing me. $ weeks ago i had to replace an uppipe, pyro sensor and edoc pipe, 2 days after i lost my u joints. All this after hg failure, dpf clog, and egr cooler leaks! I have a job 1 2008 cclb, straight pipe, mini maxx, afe intake, arp studs and egr delete. So heres the newest problem, please any help is greatly appreciated:
While getting on the highway, i accelerate to highway speed (70mph) and once i let off the pedal to stay at 70, the truck thrusts me forward as if its downshifting. RPM's jump to 3-3.5k for about 3-5 seconds and then it seems to shift back and everything is fine. The h7s reads no codes for engine or for trans. it all happens so fast that its hard to get a look at the mini but as far as i can tell, the screen never changes from D5 to D4 and i dont think the "tc locked" light ever goes off. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i should be looking into on this one? I have wrapped thousands into repairs already and i just cant afford more huge problems. is this an issue fixable by new trans filters and a flush? Am i in need of a 1200 torque converter? sylenoid? Trans crapping out? the vehicle has 68k miles on it. I just dont know where to turn, its been $1,000/month for almost 6 months now. Not to mention the cylinder 3 contribution/balance code i get once a week or so:/ ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update: I just took the truck for a quick rip and had the wife watch the mini. At 70mph., I let off a little and the torque converter comes unlocked and the truck slams into 4th gear. Also, after that the truck seems to have issues shifting, skipping 2nd and 3rd and shifting into 4 at 25-30 mph. No downshift at 30 even when I mash a little on the peddle. And trans temp never goes too high. Around 168 is the highest I see it go usually.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.