Limp Home mode...oddity? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Limp Home mode...oddity?

I was turning on the road where I work this morning my tranny rev'd on me so I slowly got back into it expecting it to slam on me but instead I get the wrench on my dash and my truck wouldnt go over 20 mph. I roll into work (thankfully 300 yards away) and see that I just got hit with limp home mode. After shutting off the truck I fired it back up and heading to my mechanic about 3 miles away. Limp mode never came back on. I am getting fluids changed now and I hope this was just an oddity and won't happen again. I have 20k left on my warranty just in case but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this on a one time basis without any major problems?

I'm running Spartan 250 on a job 1 2008 and I guess I am looking for someone to reassure me it will all be ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM

well, got new tranny fluid and filter. made it home with no problems so i am hoping this was just a freak thing that wont happen again.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:34 PM

I would still take it to the dealer so you will have a record if it happens again.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

very simiular thing happened to me today.... i could go faster than 20 but it was running a gear low. the 2-3 shift slammed a few times real bad then I got the wrench. it is at the shop now. any ideas?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just suffered from this same thing.

Code p0657 came up and the dealer had to replace the Transmission control module.

I had recently put on a K&N and Gibson catback, and freaked out.

At first I thought it was a MAS issue.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i had the same thing happen to me took it to the transmission shop and when they droped the pan it was full of metal shavings and fiber from the TC (tourque converter is trashed) if your cranking any extra power out of your motor listen for the death rattle while its at an ideal it could be your torque converter the double disc TC is the week point of a 6.4 im having a triple disc bilit TC put in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.