I think my transmission is going out. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think my transmission is going out.

I posted this in other folder as well. Didn't realize there was one specifically for tranny problems. I went to the track last weekend and the best I could manage was a 13.30 at 99mph. During the last pass it shifted harder than usual going into 3rd I think. I didn't think anything of it and when I was on the return road I heard a weird metal rattling type of noise. It came and went a couple of times so I just babied it back home. I haven't drove much since last weekend until tonight. I pulled up into my gun dealer's driveway and I could not put it into Park. It wouldn't go past reverse or drive. I kept trying and it finally went. I left there about 30 mins later and shifted from park thru drive a couple of times with no issues. I drove 30 miles to Kinkos and it did the same thing again and I could barely get it back into park. While sitting at the stop light I let off the brakes and it did not move. I pushed on the gas and it downshifted hard and moved forward. When I left Kinkos there were no issues getting it in drive. The transmission temps did not get over 173. I got to the stop light a couple of miles from my house and it did not down shift again. It almost felt like it was slipping. I ran the codes and got a p1000, p0766, and p2703. Has anybody had any issues like this? I was running the extreme race tune from Innovative. This is my first time with any tranny issues. Oh and I just had the transmission flushed a couple days before I took it to the track. The truck has just under 30k on it. Hopefully I don't have to buy a new transmission. If so guess I'll be calling Suncoast. Sorry for such a long post. The good news is my stamps came back from the ATF for my 3 cans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have had this exact problemwith mine, but mine is all stock with 25,000 miles and has never been raced. I couldn't get mine into park and had to block the tires and set the e-brake. It forgets to downshift at red lights quite a bit but it never slams hard when it does. Let me know what the dealer says, I might be putting mine in the shop, I don't know, it hasn't done it the past 2500 miles
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 AM

The front pump, converter, and solenoid went out. I got it back on a Saturday, made it 115 miles, and it went back out on Sunday night so I had to have it towed back up there. The second time they said there was still debris that got sucked into the tranny cooler and a possible pinched seal that caused everything to go back out again. They replaced the same parts along with the tranny cooler. This time I have about 1000 miles on it and it seems fine. I would just take it to the dealership and they should fix it under warranty.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog90 View Post
The front pump, converter, and solenoid went out. I got it back on a Saturday, made it 115 miles, and it went back out on Sunday night so I had to have it towed back up there. The second time they said there was still debris that got sucked into the tranny cooler and a possible pinched seal that caused everything to go back out again. They replaced the same parts along with the tranny cooler. This time I have about 1000 miles on it and it seems fine. I would just take it to the dealership and they should fix it under warranty.
I take it if you ran a 13.3, your truck was not stock. What were you running? Did you have to return it to stock before taking it to the dealer?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:16 AM

Just Innovative's race tune, a down pipe back exhaust and s&b intake. I put the dpf/doc back on and left the down pipe, dpf back exhaust and the intake on it.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog90 View Post
Just Innovative's race tune, a down pipe back exhaust and s&b intake. I put the dpf/doc back on and left the down pipe, dpf back exhaust and the intake on it.
I've heard good things about that Innovative's race tune. How much HP does it add?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 AM

I'm not sure. I never had a chance to put it on the dyno. They stated it was similar in power to the 310 tune from Spartan.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 AM
bye bye 6.4L

thats pretty sweet that ford took care of those parts for ya... thats how my dealership is too i just havn't had to utilize it yet... knock on wood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.