Torqueshift grief - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Torqueshift grief

Has anyone else had this happen to them. I have an 08 F450 with 120,000km on it today I was pulling my trailer on the highway @ 110km/hr when the tranny seemed like it shifted into neutral on its own. I would rev it up and down, then it would bang back into gear, then slip out again and also while it was reving up and down the gear shift indicator was flashing back and forth from Park to first. Then it went back to normal while I was still driving, I unhooked the trailer and drove it home without issues. The truck is modded with airbox, intercooler, edge race evolution (i know it sucks) dpf delete, it has 4.88 gears and 22.5 rims with 255/70/22.5 tires. The trailer is heavy, close to 30,000lbs when loaded up. I think that I am working it really hard and would not be surprised if it sh**s the bed soon, but hope not because I am pretty sure that I will not be getting any warranty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
did you have a high power tune loaded.. you said when unhooked you how no problems. the tranny was probably slipping and over heating. is this the first time with that much weight, on the the that you had loaded
Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

was running 90hp, 205 ft/lb. I have been pulling between 10,000lbs and 30,000lbs since new. I don't recall the trans temp being to high, but I do know that when I max out the edge 140hp, 260 ft/lbs the shifts are pretty mushy especially 3 -4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.