New Spartan 210 Tow/Performance : My truck doesn't like it. At all. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Spartan 210 Tow/Performance : My truck doesn't like it. At all.

Maybe it's just my worn transmission, or maybe something to do with being an early Job 1 truck, but my TCM freaked out after two normal accelerations using the new Tow/Performance tune. I just got it installed today after upgrading my Dash DAQ to the strategy flash system last night.

It shifted really weird the first two times it shifted too. It seemed to make my 5R110 tranny into a 3 speed. It wound really high (3000rpm), and then skipped second gear all together, and then went into 3rd (down to 2000 rpms), then at 40mph it went into 6th (overdrive). Not sure if that is normal, but it was really weird, nonetheless.

Then after two 'normal' shiftings (once when I left the driveway, once when I got on the highway), it went into limp mode the third time. I left a stop sign, and the transmission 'bumped' and then the CEL went on. P0067 (Control module performance). I cleared it, but it wouldn't shift into 2nd. I shifted it manually into 2nd and 3rd, then into (D), where it seemed to go into overdrive.

I thought that maybe I should shut it down, clear the code, and then re-start it. Big mistake. The truck wouldn't restart. It would turn over for a half a second, then quit, then the "P" indicator on the dash would flash rapidly.

I'm stuck in a U-turn lane around in a (luckily) lightly used overpass. I had to re-load another tune right there. I loaded my old (non strategy flash) 210 tune, and it re-started fine, and i haven't had another problem with it today.

Anyone know more about the new tune, or what might have happened. Also, would removing the battery cables reset the TCM? I have heard that people do that before they do a transmission re-learn for the higher tunes. If that was the case, I could have been running much quicker than loading a new tune to clear it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Emergency Services

anyone?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I guess that means you haven't resolved your problem huh eli. The 210 tow is the only one you have a problem with? I'll bump it along as well. Anybody???
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 AM

Mick said they're working on it. I have the same problem and its only with the 210 tow.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Emergency Services

I haven't bothered to try any of the other strategy flash tunes, since it's soupy, muddy and wet here right now. I don't want to crawl through 2 inches of soupy mud to install my Spartan TCM. Even if I did, then I have to go install my 310 tune (because that's why I got the TCM), and it's waaaay too slippery around here to go and try to do a transmission re-learn.

Thanks, 0835064, I wanted to ask Mick, but I know he's got to be so busy right now, I feel bad asking him..
Old 12-20-2009, 08:47 AM

im going through the same deal now. loaded the tune and couldnt even back out of the driveway. truck went on the fritz, got a code regarding the control module, p0607 i think. truck just stumbled and felt like it was coming apart. and on top of this the dashdaq wont recognize any other tunes except the stock tune on the sd card. trying to load my stock tune on and then start from scratch and see what happens.

this sucks.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:22 AM

update - i had all the old files saved on my computer, so i reformatted the sd card and reloaded all the old information back on. loaded the stock tune back into the truck, and then the old 250 tune back onto the truck.

it now once again runs like a raped ape. i'll call mick on monday to talk to him about the specifics of my truck and figure out what can be done about this.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:57 AM

Hmmm, I have the new reflash info but I think I'll wait till Mick gets this sorted out. The 210 Tow is the only one I don't have anyway...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.