door speakers and amp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
door speakers and amp

Can you put an amp on the stock door speakers, or should I put aftermarket speakers in the doors. If so, any recomendations on what door speakers to get. It's been a while since I have been in the car stereo scene. Same with amp, what would be a good choice. Now that I think about it, why stop there. If I were to put a sub in there, which one would you suggest, 10 or 12... one or two... Also, as far as box goes, what is better, ported or non ported?

Thanks

Last edited by the king; 04-05-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 PM

My two 10's hit harder than my sons two 12's and sounds better. Two tens is the way to go...........
Old 04-05-2009, 08:19 PM

What kind? What amp?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
First of all, the factory speakers are designed to give their best sound quality with the factory stereo. I don't think they are designed to handle the extra power an amp will provide. As far as boxes go, it's going to depend on the sub(s) you choose and the recommend airspace they require for optimum performance and the size of box you can put in your available space.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
You definatly dont want to put an amp to the factory speakers. I would recomend JL audio speakers for the fronts and the rears. I have the C5 series 5x7 coax in the from and the C2 series 5x7 coax in the rear and will be powering it with a JL G4500 amp. As for subs and box, I would suggest a box from this site, 2008superduty I will be using one of the single 12" ported boxes with a pioneer shallow sub and a JL G1700 amp
Old 04-15-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley 350 Josh View Post
You definatly dont want to put an amp to the factory speakers. I would recomend JL audio speakers for the fronts and the rears. I have the C5 series 5x7 coax in the from and the C2 series 5x7 coax in the rear and will be powering it with a JL G4500 amp. As for subs and box, I would suggest a box from this site, 2008superduty I will be using one of the single 12" ported boxes with a pioneer shallow sub and a JL G1700 amp
I was looking at all of these speakers, pretty pricey. Do you have a place that you suggest getting these? I am in the North Houston area. Have yo gotten the box yet, how does it sound? How does the whole thing sound, have you hooked it all up yet?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Do you plan on replacing the stock deck? If you aren't looking to go extremely loud and spend alot of money a new aftermarket deck can power new speakers pretty well. I'm running my speakers off my deck and then have a small Fosgate amp running my one ten. With the deck and everything I'm only in it like $1600 I think. Plus it sounds great in my opinion...way better than stock or the Audiophile. I used to be big into stereos but with what I listen to now and how I listen to it this works perfectly for me. I can listen to it pretty darn loud without any distortion.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod80 View Post
Do you plan on replacing the stock deck? If you aren't looking to go extremely loud and spend alot of money a new aftermarket deck can power new speakers pretty well. I'm running my speakers off my deck and then have a small Fosgate amp running my one ten. With the deck and everything I'm only in it like $1600 I think. Plus it sounds great in my opinion...way better than stock or the Audiophile. I used to be big into stereos but with what I listen to now and how I listen to it this works perfectly for me. I can listen to it pretty darn loud without any distortion.
I already have the DNX8120
Old 04-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by the king View Post
I was looking at all of these speakers, pretty pricey. Do you have a place that you suggest getting these? I am in the North Houston area. Have yo gotten the box yet, how does it sound? How does the whole thing sound, have you hooked it all up yet?
I have been buying most of my stiuff from Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers

I dont have anything except the Pioneer Head unit installed right now. I pre ran all the power, speaker, and rca wires when I did the head unit install so Im just waiting for the cash so i can get the rest of the stuff and put it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.