Keyless Entry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keyless Entry

Just bought a new motorhome that is F550 crew cab based (08). There is no card (supposed to come with it) that tells me what the outside door entry code is? Took the info to my local dealer and he wants me to drop off the motorhome for the day to try to look it up. Says in the book the the number is published on the computer module. Can anyone tell me where that might be? I've looked all over pretty hard, can't seem to find it. Any other ideas? Thanks, Paul It's a 6.4 diesel.

Last edited by mobilguy66; 04-02-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: add motor size
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

not sure. a tech on here should be able to tell you. i've never dealt with the keyless entry codes, but i would imagine there is a way that ford can reset or look it up. have you contacted the person you bought it off of? that would be my first thing i would do. that would say you some coin
Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks...The selling dealer has no info for me as well. He's working at it on his end.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:18 PM

I would say that the dealer should do this free of charge then! good luck with it all
Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 PM

oh forgot this is a great place to learn anything you need. and somethings you dont want to know
Old 04-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cliford, Hey, Thanks alot. Dealer is a good guy but my local dealer may as well be selling___________. It's a shame because they are a mile from my house. All I need is a 5 numbers!!!! Oh well, as long as I have good luck with this unit it will all be worth it! Thanks, Paul
Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 PM

I was told once that the OEM keyless code is located somewhere under the driver seat on some type of tag, haven't seen it myself. A guy I work with told me this once, like I said i cannot vouch for it but it's worth a shot.

Also, with my truck the keyless code was on a "credit card" type card that came with the Owner's Manual package.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilguy66 View Post
Cliford, Hey, Thanks alot. Dealer is a good guy but my local dealer may as well be selling___________. It's a shame because they are a mile from my house. All I need is a 5 numbers!!!! Oh well, as long as I have good luck with this unit it will all be worth it! Thanks, Paul
Not a problem! Thats too bad, theres always the good and the bad ones. i dont think you should have any problem with the unit. just out of curiosity though what motor home did you buy?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

mine didn't come with an owners manual and therefore I don't know the code either. But I'm not too worried about it. I have a quick disconnect thing attached from my key to the fob, so if I want to leave it running and lock it, I take the fob with me.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor85 View Post

Also, with my truck the keyless code was on a "credit card" type card that came with the Owner's Manual package.

Mine too. However, I did get a lil lit one night and forget the dang code, punched about 20 different combinations, now I have 2 codes that let me in My truck. Not too cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.