Aftermarket Subwoofer system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 08:04 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Subwoofer system

I've been getting mixed answers on what subwoofer box I can get in my 2008 F350 Crew Cab... it has the power back window.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get 2 10s back there. So far, I've only been told I can just get one back there.

Jarrod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just made 2 individual sealed boxes for this exact purpose.
I couldn't find any pre-mades that met the sizing. I am using pioneer shallow subs and they have a depth of only 3". My boxes measures .45cu.ft. which is within spec for a sealed box with these.
A ported box would need more space and thus a lot more time in making a box.Pioneer USA - Shallow Series
Specs:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pi...%20SW841D).pdf
Old 01-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't install whatever you wish in there. I have an '06 crewcab with 2 Kicker 10" CVR behind the seat and the amp mounted under the foldable floor (which I was also told couldn't be done). I also have the power sliding glass. I have one Pioneer 600 watt 4-channel amp running the whole system and it is LOUD! Both of the subs are mounted on the driver's side all the way at the bottom with a port exiting the passenger side on the floor of the box. I moved the seat forward 3/4" and put spacers under the front bolts to put a slight tilt in the seat (which also gave me the clearance to mount the amp on the floor and reinstall the folding floor). When I finished, I drove straight to the audio shop to show them that what I was asking for could be done, but since they said it couldn't they wouldn't see any more of my funds spent there. Don't ever be afraid to tackle something yourself, its a great opportunity to learn something and you get something exactly the way you wanted it as a bonus!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrou27 View Post
Don't let anyone tell you that you can't install whatever you wish in there. I have an '06 crewcab with 2 Kicker 10" CVR behind the seat and the amp mounted under the foldable floor (which I was also told couldn't be done). I also have the power sliding glass. I have one Pioneer 600 watt 4-channel amp running the whole system and it is LOUD! Both of the subs are mounted on the driver's side all the way at the bottom with a port exiting the passenger side on the floor of the box. I moved the seat forward 3/4" and put spacers under the front bolts to put a slight tilt in the seat (which also gave me the clearance to mount the amp on the floor and reinstall the folding floor). When I finished, I drove straight to the audio shop to show them that what I was asking for could be done, but since they said it couldn't they wouldn't see any more of my funds spent there. Don't ever be afraid to tackle something yourself, its a great opportunity to learn something and you get something exactly the way you wanted it as a bonus!
You must have a 2004 or later cause my 2006 I was unable to move the seat forward .. But we did get the 2 10" back there also the amp under the flip passenger side .
Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 PM

check these out
2008superduty
Old 01-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4PowerStroke_08 View Post
check these out
2008superduty
thats exactly how mine is with the power sliding window. sounds good mounted the amp where the other sub would be. memphis 10" and mtx amp.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Serving Our Country!

has anyone seen or installed a setup in an extended cab?
Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB66 View Post
I've been getting mixed answers on what subwoofer box I can get in my 2008 F350 Crew Cab... it has the power back window.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get 2 10s back there. So far, I've only been told I can just get one back there.

Jarrod
PM SPL2K, he is a member and stereo installer who is very familiar with our trucks. I believe last time on his site he had pics of 08's as well. I used pics on his site to build a box just like the ones he does for the crewcabs, worked out great.

EDIT: just now read the other posts and someone already sent you that way it looks like

Last edited by doubledrop; 01-19-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: doh!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledrop View Post
I used pics on his site to build a box just like the ones he does

I see how it is.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL2K View Post
I see how it is.

haha, y, I am sorry. I end up wanting to do everything in my truck. was gonna order one, had some part board and decided to try and give it a shot, worked out pretty well I think, other than I was limited to the carpet I could find at WalMart . One day I will recarpet the thing. here is a pic

trust me though, everytime someone has a thread about a box I send them your way. Yours are very clean, and very reasonably priced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.