Upfitter switches problems questions ?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Upfitter switches problems questions ??

ok so I was trying to hook up a set of lights and I used a relay to provided power and ground to the lights then I ran the + switch line off the relay to the 30a upfitter switch and then I took the - line off the relay and gave it a ground. I flicked the switch with the truck running and get no light. So I then unhook both line that were running to the upfitter and put them on the battery and the lights work fine. what am I doing wrong is there some wrong with my upfitters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2008, 09:14 AM

were the upfitters factory installed? Which wire are you hooking into? The wires under the hood, or under the dash?

If you are tapping into the wires under the hood, they are not connected to anything, they are just bare wires that run through the firewall and terminate next to the upfitter wires under the dash.... You will need to make an additional splice.

Next step would be to test for a completed circuit at the relay. Connect a meter to the ground and wire coming from the upfitter switch as close to the relay as you can get it. Turn on the upfitter switch and see if you get voltage. Note, you need to have the ignition in run for the upfitter switches to function.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiersba View Post
were the upfitters factory installed? Which wire are you hooking into? The wires under the hood, or under the dash?

If you are tapping into the wires under the hood, they are not connected to anything, they are just bare wires that run through the firewall and terminate next to the upfitter wires under the dash.... You will need to make an additional splice.

Next step would be to test for a completed circuit at the relay. Connect a meter to the ground and wire coming from the upfitter switch as close to the relay as you can get it. Turn on the upfitter switch and see if you get voltage. Note, you need to have the ignition in run for the upfitter switches to function.

Hope this helps.

WOW that makes alot of sense thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.