Jimmi Jammer Install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Jimmi Jammer Install

For those of you who may be considering the Jimmi Jammer door plates, I took a few pics when installing my front door plates last week. I ordered the rear door plates for my front door because I replaced my front door handle with a rear door handle, this eliminating my key lock cylinder. So to get in my truck my only options are the keypad or the alarm remote/keyless entry. I have a Viper alarm installed so if for some reason I locked my keys inside I can unlock the truck from my phone. The parts can be ordered at Vehicle Security and Theft Prevention Devices

Take off this cap on the center of the door and remove the two screws.
Remove this screw on the bottom of the door
And this one...
Pull up on the lock/window switch cover and remove the plugs from the back of the cover
Remove this cover from the top innermost edge of the door cover. It is held in place by two metal clips as shown, just comes off with a slight tug.
Grab the plastic door cover by the handle and the bottom and pull up, it will come off. Set it aside and this is what you should see.
Here is a pic of the JimmiJammer door plate, top view
Carefully slit the plastic seal behind the door lock rod so you can peel it back while leaving the rod in place. Peel it about halfway to give you access to the inside of the door
Using a few four letter words and a pair of pliers, loosen the nut you see that holds the door handle in place. Once it's loose, remove it and install the JimmiJammer door plate. Tighten the nut again. Use a few more four letter words.
Finished product

Once that's done, put everything back together and reconnect the door lock/window plugs and put the screws back in. You're done! Only 3 more doors to go.

Last edited by tony97gt; 02-07-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Jimmi Jammer Install

I've been wanting to do this I last talked to you about it. Definitely the rear door handle swap, who knows- since there's no lock cylinder to punch the theif might just say fvck it and move on to the next car or truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Jimmi Jammer Install

Tony I've found several rear door handles on eBay, they all say in bulb "does not fit front door". Was there any modifications needed to make it fit, or is that just bs and it fits fine?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post
Tony I've found several rear door handles on eBay, they all say in bulb "does not fit front door". Was there any modifications needed to make it fit, or is that just bs and it fits fine?

As far as I know, my buddy (who manages a body shop) just ordered a rear drivers side door handle and they painted it to match. I can confirm with him tomorrow. It probably just says that as a liability waiver because the rear handles don't have the lock mechanism. I believe mine was ordered directly for FORD.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

ok cool thanks..hey, you having fun with those train horns??
Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love the security that the jammers provide. I put them in all 4 doors.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post
ok cool thanks..hey, you having fun with those train horns??
yeah I love them! My brother scared the poop outta himself when he dropped something in the bed of my truck and set off the alarm and the horn started blasting, lmao. I've blasted a few drivers who have cut me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08smoker08 View Post
I love the security that the jammers provide. I put them in all 4 doors.
Me too. All 4 doors and I put the gate guard on my tail gate. Replaced my drivers door handle and got an alarm with a GPS tracker.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:27 PM

Reminds me of the Dodge Ram 1500 I had few years back...they were being stolen left and right here in St Louis area and around country. I had just the factory alarm and key device. My friend had a very expensive aftermarket alarm as well as these "door jammers" and they still stole his truck!

These are good theft deterrant devices, but the best tool is good car insurance
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugelle View Post
Reminds me of the Dodge Ram 1500 I had few years back...they were being stolen left and right here in St Louis area and around country. I had just the factory alarm and key device. My friend had a very expensive aftermarket alarm as well as these "door jammers" and they still stole his truck!

These are good theft deterrant devices, but the best tool is good car insurance
If someone wants to steal your truck and they know what they are doing, your truck is gone. But for the average $hithead kids who are bored and just looking to pop the lock on the door with a screwdriver they are gonna have one hell of a time trying to do it with my truck. Hopefully enough to keep them from getting in so easy. I know that I can slimjim a car with pop-up locks in about 5 secs, and I haven't tried my f250 yet to see if it's the same. But I figure if I can make it harder so hopefully they can't get in, or set off my alarm trying to (which has train horns connected to it) it will scare them off.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

All your images are gone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.