2010 king ranch interior trim codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 king ranch interior trim codes

I am in the process of mounting a programmer on a dash pod in my king ranch, but want to color match the pod to the trim. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find out exactly what the ford trim color is, even the people at the dealership give me a blank look. maybe someone here has experience with this.
I have a listing of motorcraft interior trim codes for the 2009 models, but can't seem to find one for 2010.
The door tag shows trim codes SC which according to the 2009 codes would be Medium stone & Camel. Then under the dash is a Tag that shows HS charcoal/camel. The actual trim pieces are a metalic silvery grey color which doesn't match medium stone paint chips at the paint store, If I can nail down exactly what the color is.... then it shouldn't be a problem from there.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 king ranch interior trim codes-img_0335-small-.jpg   2010 king ranch interior trim codes-img_0340-small-.jpg   2010 king ranch interior trim codes-img_0337-small-.jpg   2010 king ranch interior trim codes-img_0339-small-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I was just going to post up a King Ranch interior color question, then I saw your thread.
My 2008 (Lariat) has the medium stone (I think thats what its called) interior.
A friends 2008 KR has an interior color thats more 'yellowish'. Is that a tan color? What interior colors were available with the King Ranch, or were they all the same? I prefer the medium stone vs the tan color...
Old 02-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I believe the yelowish/tan color is called Camel. From what I can tell there were 3 base interior colors available in the King Ranch. i) Camel, ii) Medium Stone & iii) Ebony combined with the Chaparral leather. Along with these base colors I think there were 3 two tone accent colors i) Pueblo gold Metalic, ii) Sterling Grey metalic & iii) Tuxedo Black metalic. How did Ford combined these colors..... I don't know, as I'm still confused on how to interpret the 2010 specs that I have, & none of this seems to jive with the trim codes I thought I had found on my truck.

http://assets.forddirect.fordvehicle...E8E84C10E8.pdf
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sorry, the above is not quite correct.... at least for the 2010 model year, the 3 base interior colors, Camel, Medium Stone, & Ebony were the interior colors available for all the superduty models. The King Ranch was only available in Camel. Now that being said.... I did read on one of the forums were someone had special ordered a 2010 King Ranch in Ebony.
Also found out the Trim code SC does NOT denote the 2 interior colors as I was lead to believe. The first letter/digit in all Ford trim codes denotes the Trim Style & the second one denotes interior color. In this particular case the S denotes the unique King Ranch leather used.

page 49 on this document shows it

http://hillerford.com/resource_libra...50f350f450.pdf

Still haven't figured out the color of the dash side pieces or if the sticker under the dash means anything or not
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD-5 View Post
Sorry, the above is not quite correct.... at least for the 2010 model year, the 3 base interior colors, Camel, Medium Stone, & Ebony were the interior colors available for all the superduty models. The King Ranch was only available in Camel.
So, thats good to know - I prefer the Medium Stone over the Camel though. The Camel is too 'yellow' for my liking...

Quote:
Still haven't figured out the color of the dash side pieces or if the sticker under the dash means anything or not
Are you referring to the silver metalllic type of side pieces?
If so, here is a link to a thread that shows two different H&S mounts - they make a painted one to match that silver piece (which I just found out about) and a black one. I posted a link to a thread about painting to match to the silver side pieces in that thread...
What programmer are you going to use? I have seen a few different tuners mounted into the painted one, although some I beleive might just be gauges - Ive seen pics of the Edge, MSD Dashhawk, and Spartan Dashdaq all made to work with tha one..

H&S mounting

Last edited by Bigshow; 02-05-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the link, interesting the fellow was able to color match using two different colors. I have the H&S mini max & the 31303 H&S/bully dog gauge pod.
I was reluctant to order the painted pod sight unseen incase it didn't match. Also if I recall the painted mount was a lot more expensive last fall when I was ordering parts, but maybe I'm thinking of something else. Yes, its the dash side trim pieces I'm trying to color match. If I knew it was going to be this difficult to find the correct trim color......

Last edited by TD-5; 02-06-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am going to look for some paint in the next few days then paint mine...
I will let you know how it goes - if you try paining first let me know how it went...
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Here is an interesting Catalog from Sherwin Williams paint.

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/Re...ColorBook.ashx

It is their paint catalog for 2010 vehicles. On pages 31 to 56 it shows the color compatibility for all the 2010 ford models. Basically take your outside paint code( in my case "UK" royal red) & your model ie: Super duty F series truck, & it shows all the different colors that may have been used in various locations on the particular vehicle. Under the interior header it shows 2 different grays that may have been used in the interior.
On page 28&29 it shows all the interior paint chips . 6T7A "greystone" does Not match my side panels. 7NEC "Dark foundry Metalic" apperars to be a perfect match.
Did another search using this color name & # it comes up available thru NAPA's Martin Senour paints which I think may be "branded" line of Sherwin Williams" paints.
Unique Formula#4009330 Tec/one Interior single stage "Dark Foundry Metalic" 7NEC.
Also SEM paints "color coat" line shows a "Dark Foundry Metalic" formula #5915 as available.
I need to limp into town to varify this info & see if its actually available or not. Some of the auto supply stores have the ability to mix certain formulas into aerosol cans so for the amount of painting I need to do that would be the way to go rather than shooting it from a spray gun. I'm not gettin around to well these days after taken a bad fall, so it might be a while before I get to this, but maybe this info will help you decide what you need for your truck.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD-5 View Post
Here is an interesting Catalog from Sherwin Williams paint.

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/Re...ColorBook.ashx

It is their paint catalog for 2010 vehicles. On pages 31 to 56 it shows the color compatibility for all the 2010 ford models. Basically take your outside paint code( in my case "UK" royal red) & your model ie: Super duty F series truck, & it shows all the different colors that may have been used in various locations on the particular vehicle. Under the interior header it shows 2 different grays that may have been used in the interior.
On page 28&29 it shows all the interior paint chips . 6T7A "greystone" does Not match my side panels. 7NEC "Dark foundry Metalic" apperars to be a perfect match.
Did another search using this color name & # it comes up available thru NAPA's Martin Senour paints which I think may be "branded" line of Sherwin Williams" paints.
Unique Formula#4009330 Tec/one Interior single stage "Dark Foundry Metalic" 7NEC.
Also SEM paints "color coat" line shows a "Dark Foundry Metalic" formula #5915 as available.
I need to limp into town to varify this info & see if its actually available or not. Some of the auto supply stores have the ability to mix certain formulas into aerosol cans so for the amount of painting I need to do that would be the way to go rather than shooting it from a spray gun. I'm not gettin around to well these days after taken a bad fall, so it might be a while before I get to this, but maybe this info will help you decide what you need for your truck.

That's an awesome find! I'll use that catalog to paint my new mini maxx gauge pod.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Nice find!
I was not able to find Duplicolor Textured Metallic Charcoal MX101...
I ended up with Duplicolor Textured Metallic Graphite - it seems a bit darker!

I also found this link and picked up a can of this stuff - Krylon textured plastic paint.

Dash Paint - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

I also got a can of Duplicolor Perfect Match Charcoal Metallic - its just paint, not textured.
My gut feeling is I will use either the Duplicolor Textured or the Krylon textured, with a dusting of the Charcoal Metallic

I have a black piece of plastic similarly textured to the pod - I will try some paint samples...

I wonder if that Dark Foundry Metallic is textured? If not, it might be the perfect candidate to spray over either of the two textured paints to not only match the dash color, but to give the same rough textured look like the factory pieces...

Last edited by Bigshow; 02-08-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.