Can heated seats be added? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can heated seats be added?

I purchased a truck yesterday and was told that it had heated seats. Well this morning it was cold so I figured I would turn the seat on, to make a long story short, I don't believe I have heated seats. I can not find the button anywhere so maybe I am just missing it but can heated seats be added now? I didn't know if they could install the element or what. I have spoken with the dealership and they are supposed to call me back tomorrow and let me know what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jordan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Bring On The Snow

Send a message via AIM to SuperDutyPSD6L
Well If you had them it would be a square button on the sid right next to all your seat controls. But if you dont have them yes it can be done. I am not sure who does it but i guarantee it will cost a pretty penny.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

ive seen it available when you have aftermarket leather installed. it was around 130 for both front seats.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If your dealership doesn't follow through and you really want them, expect to pay around 300 bucks per seat if you want the element in the back and the butt!!! I've been quoted between 5-700 bucks to get them installed in my truck
Old 11-28-2007, 04:34 AM

On my 08 the heated seat button is just below the heat controlls in a line of 6 or so buttons. A red button. Ford heated seats are not that great anyways. They only stay on for 10 minutes and no control on how hot they get. I had a chevy before this and they did it right. You turn them on and they stay on until you turn them off. Also three variables for amount of heat plus you can turn the back on only. Hopefully Ford changes theirs.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Emergency Services

I have installed several heaters in factory seats and they are pretty easy. Buy the heaters (I have gotten several sets off Ebay for $150.00), they are simple little heating elements made into a pad.
Unbolt the front seats and take them out of the truck, I usually take them into my living room and work on my carpet. Unbolt back of seat from bottom if you are able to. Remove the "hog rings" (metal clips holding leather or cloth to frame) and pull the covers up, be carefull they are tight. You only need to pull the cover up enough to get the heater element in the middle of the seat (back or seat), sometimes just taking a few hog rings out I can put my arm under the cover to position it and notch the foam out. Notch the foam out for the heaters (if needed depending on heater height) and run the electric cord to the bottom of the seat (if heater is low profile and you dont see it under cover just take knife and cut a slit to run the wire in). Run 12V from battery to a place where you can mount a switch (last truck I used the upfitter switches saves alot of time and looks factory) and run the heater wire to the switch or switches if you do both front seats. Put seat covers back on (Leather will need to be at least 70 degrees or more to stretch back over foam and frame) using new Hog rings (will need to buy Hog ring pliers about $10.00-$20.00) and bolt seats back in.
It takes you about 6-8 hours depending on how fast you are but will save you alot of money.
I have never installed the multi heat setting ones so I don't know about them.
I have never taken pictures of me doing this so Cant help you with that. Maybe next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.