Another King Ranch seat question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another King Ranch seat question

I'm pretty good about cleaning and conditioning my seats, however, the previous owner wasn't good. I have right at 74K on the truck now and they seats are doing great now despite previous care and the hot Texas sun, but there are a few little areas that I think are done for.

One is the area at the front of the console closest to drivers side is pretty worn and has a nice dark spot from all the skin oils and such from leave a arm there while driving. The other is the actual whitish-tan stitching that goes along the drivers side top of the console, it's darker in color then the rest of the stitching but not sure if there is a way to turn it white again without harming the leather. The steering wheel right at the top has a little cracking but from what I understand, once it starts cracking then you're pretty much done in that area and it will always be cracked.

Anyone else have a way to clean the stitching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 AM

Bump. I figured at least some king ranch owners would have this problem. I was thinking of using a tooth brush on it then just reconditioning it but I think that may damage the coloring in the leather
Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

But I do have a question for you... I just conditioned my seats with the KR conditioner... put it on my palm and glided/ rubbed the conditioner into the seats until they were soaked with conditioner.
When they dried out, some areas have this white leftover dried out areas which i can "kinda" rub out with my hands but not all the way.

I think My procedure of putting it on is lacking something.. Do you have any suggestions???
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I apply with a latex glove and then just let it soak in and dry. Then basically run over it with a nice microfiber cloth like you are waxing the paint of your truck. It will allow all the moisture to soak in and then give a good finished look because you "polished it"
Old 09-01-2012, 11:36 AM

I replaced my center consol with an 08 up .. good alternative for you?

I still have my old center if your interested

my prob is the pas driver seat bottoms ,, I am about to get the ebay sellers replacements

they seem to have good reviews

my truck had 22k when I got it and the seats were already questionable on the two areas I mentioned
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Premium Member

i've tried the KR conditioner and it just doesn't seem to do the job well enough for me... get some "Leather CPR" from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. apply it pretty thick with a microfiber cloth.

my center console has the same issue from the previous owner. it has that really dark spot on the drivers side. and my steering wheel is also already cracking.. previous owner on my truck didn't take care of it either.. but i try not to hold the top of the wheel all the time as to not mess it up anymore. and i try not to palm the wheel when i'm turning.

leather cpr pictured on the left.. those wipes that are in this picture and worthless.. dont bother with these

Old 09-03-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
But I do have a question for you... I just conditioned my seats with the KR conditioner... put it on my palm and glided/ rubbed the conditioner into the seats until they were soaked with conditioner.
When they dried out, some areas have this white leftover dried out areas which i can "kinda" rub out with my hands but not all the way.

I think My procedure of putting it on is lacking something.. Do you have any suggestions???
I put my KR conditioner on after I put on some saddle leather cleaner, I put it on a cloth and gently rub it in, enough to where the leather discolors and turns real dark, then I let it dry. If any small areas do show residue I "buff" it off GENTLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I replaced my center consol with an 08 up .. good alternative for you?

I still have my old center if your interested
My truck is a '08. I would love to do a '11+ console conversion but I've heard those are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
i've tried the KR conditioner and it just doesn't seem to do the job well enough for me... get some "Leather CPR" from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. apply it pretty thick with a microfiber cloth.

my center console has the same issue from the previous owner. it has that really dark spot on the drivers side. and my steering wheel is also already cracking.. previous owner on my truck didn't take care of it either.. but i try not to hold the top of the wheel all the time as to not mess it up anymore. and i try not to palm the wheel when i'm turning.

leather cpr pictured on the left.. those wipes that are in this picture and worthless.. dont bother with these

I've heard good things about leather cpr, I'll have to try it. I do love the natural smell that the KR conditioner has but maybe every other time I'll use the CPR.

Last edited by bigt2317; 09-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 AM

Any KR owners try Leatherique? Great in the exotic/OE community for repairs and leather maintenance.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGo'N'Show View Post
Any KR owners try Leatherique? Great in the exotic/OE community for repairs and leather maintenance.
I have not tried it, I've been sticking with the king ranch brand until it runs out. I'd like to also see if anyone has used what you mentioned
Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM

I use Bick's 4 for regular conditioning and Leather Honey (on Amazon) for deep conditioning.

Do not apply either of those if your leather is cold. They (especially the Honey) will just sit on the surface and not penetrate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.