Speakers, and auxiliary switches - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Speakers, and auxiliary switches

I have an 09 king ranch and was looking at getting a Lil bump in there so when I'm rocking chicken lights and chrome by Jesse Watson it's not all highs.. Lol also was looking into maybe replacing all door speakers for more premium sound. I have a box behind back bench seat not sure of size it's factory good sound might just try a more premium speaker there.. Also have auxiliary switches all empty was wondering what some people have set up on them.. Looking into a train horn. Maybe a speaker kill switch or strobes any info will be greatly appreciated I'm new to the power stroke nation, diesel, and ford but am no stranger to striving for the best trucking town any info will be appreciated thanks. - Drew

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Go with a 4 channel JL Audio amp 400/4 and the C3 JL Audio speakers for the front doors. Don't waste your $$ on the rear mid range speakers, you can't hear them anyways. I installed the JL Audio stealthbox in my truck and it sounds awesome. I have 500/1 JL Audio monoblock amp pushing that. It all sounds amazing.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Do all 4 speakers man, it'll sound crappy if you don't, not to mention the people in the back won't have the good sound. Why do it half assed? Look at focal speakers, they're expensive - about $300-350 a pair but they are badass and don't need driven by an amp- saving you cash.

Sent from iPhone
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post
Do all 4 speakers man, it'll sound crappy if you don't, not to mention the people in the back won't have the good sound. Why do it half assed? Look at focal speakers, they're expensive - about $300-350 a pair but they are badass and don't need driven by an amp- saving you cash.

Sent from iPhone
No amp! How are u getting gains without more power? I'm no sound mechanic but I do want better sound out of the doors without having to add amps. I would love to hear more. Pics? Setup?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 07-31-2012, 06:10 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Better speaker usually amount to better sounds, even without an amp. I have pioneers in my truck, no amp and they found way better than my stockers. Plus I added a set of 1 inch tweets in the doors. Made a huge difference. I also have an aftermarket head unit though, which id more power than factory cd player

Killing time on here with my smart phone....
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 AM

thanks. just trying to justify budget/time/extremity with my system upgrade. A part of me just wants to upgrade the door speakers and keep the factory sub, and the other part of me wants to go all out and drop $1K on a full-out system.

My problem is I have already spent a sh$t tone of money upgrading my '10 unit to a '11 PSD nav unit, and love it. I don't want an aftermarket head unit, but i do want better sound. Not competition, but i want to be able to crank it up after a few cold ones...

advice? I looked up focals, but they don't seem to be the most popular brand...am i wrong? i know absolutely NOTHING about sound systems.

advice is appreciated. thanks!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Focals are very nice. Some of the best. Most popular doesn't mean best. A lot of people just don't want to spend the money or decide they can get by with good enough. I have a buddy with focals all the way around in his Firebird (this is literally a street 'legal' race at that I have seen him run an 12.4 on street tires, spinning so bad that his 60' is 2.3... Tells you that thing is mean! With straight pipes). With the t-tops off and cruising with music up, I can't hear the car or the wind noise. They are awesome and clear an crisp even at that volume.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post

Sent from iPhone
I beg to differ. I only did the front two with JL's and it sounds incredible. Why waste several hundred bucks on rear speakers that fire into the seats?? I mean if you've got a few hundred bucks to piss away then more power to ya. I'd rather spend that $$ elsewhere. Instead of wasting two channels on my 4 channel amp I bridged two and two into the front two JL c 3's. It's not half assed at all and the sound is awesome. I'm pretty sure my JL's don't need an amp but hooking up high quality speakers to a factory stereo output seems like more half assed to me than only replacing two speakers. Those Focals are probably rated to suck up 200w each of power and you're feeding them what? 35w?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

The focals are more efficient and can sound the same or similar being pushed at 45W (what my headunit pushes) to a mediocre speaker being pushed by 200W.

And make sure you aren't reading the peak power of the speaker because if you run them at that you will blow them.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony97gt View Post
I beg to differ. I only did the front two with JL's and it sounds incredible. Why waste several hundred bucks on rear speakers that fire into the seats?? I mean if you've got a few hundred bucks to piss away then more power to ya. I'd rather spend that $$ elsewhere. Instead of wasting two channels on my 4 channel amp I bridged two and two into the front two JL c 3's. It's not half assed at all and the sound is awesome. I'm pretty sure my JL's don't need an amp but hooking up high quality speakers to a factory stereo output seems like more half assed to me than only replacing two speakers. Those Focals are probably rated to suck up 200w each of power and you're feeding them what? 35w?
Who said I'm running them off the factory head unit? I'm not. No need for the female attitude bro, that's just my opinion on swapping speakers- do em all. So if they just fire into the seats that deems them useless and not functional? Unhook them and you'll notice otherwise bro. They're factory speakers, they're ok but nothing close to aftermarket- out they go in my truck.

Sent from iPhone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.