Rear console noises - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear console noises

I got the rear captains with the center console(not a bench seat) and I'v got this annoying squeak coming from the center console I think. Has anybody ever heard of this or know how to fix it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to sredmyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajordan6337 View Post
I got the rear captains with the center console(not a bench seat) and I'v got this annoying squeak coming from the center console I think. Has anybody ever heard of this or know how to fix it?
Dont know what your noise might be but I can suggest a fix...simply remove those captains chairs (and the offending console) and replace with the bench seat...problem solved. Now if your wondering where on earth you would find such a seat, I just happen to have one and would consider a swap.

Just kidding...although I would love to have the captains chairs in my truck.

Hope you find the solution, I know how annoying unexplained noises can be.

Steve
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM

Haha yeah theyre unique. I thought of taking out the console and putting it back with some kind of rubber between the bolts and floor but was hoping someone else had this problem and had a better idea
Old 04-23-2012, 07:41 PM

I see you have a 2011 truck as well. You want to install the same nav (with Sync) that your 2011 has in your 2008? I did this in my 2008 KR...love the nav and the Sync.

Steve
Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredmyer View Post
I see you have a 2011 truck as well. You want to install the same nav (with Sync) that your 2011 has in your 2008? I did this in my 2008 KR...love the nav and the Sync.

Steve
Thatd be awesome but sounds real expensive
Old 04-24-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Thatd be awesome but sounds real expensive
It can get fairly expensive...the nav units themselves run $1000+ and there are other parts required as well.

Here is the thread I did explaining the process. Adding Sync to 09 Nav in an 08 truck
It is kind of long but the important part is on page 8 I believe.

Then if you tow with your truck and want to check out a really cool camera setup here is a thread with a link to a video I did showing the custom backup camera system I did in my truck. My custom backup camera setup

Steve
Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 PM

Wow that is pretty awesome. Im gonna look into doing that to mine. How many hours and money was spent? It's a long post so if you listed that i didn't see it lol
Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Wow that is pretty awesome. Im gonna look into doing that to mine. How many hours and money was spent? It's a long post so if you listed that i didn't see it lol
The odyssey to get the newer nav with Sync working completely was a several month project. All told it probably cost me several thousand dollars. However much of that was spent on things I later realized I didnít need or on things I ruined while trying to figuring out how to make it work. The actual cost of just the parts I eventually installed is lost in that figure somewhere. I think I tried, when doing the thread, to summarize my costs but I donít know how accurate that really was.

The camera system was not nearly so much money but probably took as long to work out all the kinks.

That said I have recouped my money by designing and creating a nearly plug-n-ply kit for doing both mods. I have sold several of these kits (many to guys on this forum) in the past year or so. In fact, I have even patented the camera system and am now hoping to sell (or license) the patent.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.