Headliner removal HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 03:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headliner removal HELP

Our overhead DVD player too a dump and I have to remove the headliner to replace it with a new one. How hard and how do I do this?????
09 F250 CC

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to maddenjr
Take the back window out and slide it out
Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It hard to completely remove the headliner from the cab completly, but it is pretty easy to just drop the headliner down if all you need to do is access wiring underneath it.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM

Did this to install cab lights a couple of weeks ago, was basically the same as it was on my 03. i did not have to remove seats or the rear window but i have an ext cab so the doors open wide enough to pull it out without any creasing. i just opened the doors all the way, leaned the front seats all the way back and put down the window on the side i was taking it out to stick the corner through while i pulled it out. took a little bit of effort but not too hard. heres how i did it:

1. remove door trim, just pull it and it will come straight off (you don't have to remove the whole trim just the part that holds headliner up)

2. remove sunvisors (3 philips head screws in each one)

3. remove coat hangar hooks in back. they have little covers over them that flip down to reveal the screws, i used a small screw driver to pull the covers down. be careful though because they will break off fairly easily (i broke one while doing this) under these covers are torque head screws (t15 i believe)

4. not sure about cc, but ext cabs have a small plastic piece around the rear door latch on headliner, they just pop right off if you pull straight down. they each have two clips holding them in.

5. remove two plastic covers on each front pillar, each one reveals 4 8m or 10m bolts. unbolt and pull out pillars (i believe they are each held in by one more clip, just pull towards rear of truck from the top of each pillar.)

6. there were three barbed push clips that are kind of hard to just pull out, thats why i did these last. by this point the headliner should be loose enough to stick your hand above it. i just stuck my hand up there and pulled them straight down with the headliner

7. i would imagine you would have to remove rear pillars for a cc, it was not necessary for my ext cab so i did not do this step and am not quite sure how. but the headliner is held up by the two rear pillars, i just slid it out from them, it is very easy and there is plenty of room. it just looked like a pain to remove the rear pillars because it looks like they are all one piece and the rear seats may have to come out to do this.

also, i could not find a plug anywhere to disconnect the dome light as it is attached and the wire harness is glued to the headliner then runs down the passenger side pillar. i assume there is one somewhere up under the dash but it was too far back for me to find, may even have to remove dash. i just cut the wires at the top of the pillar and crimped on connectors.

hope this helps!

Last edited by psdiesel08; 02-14-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM

Great write up. Thanks padiesel!!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM

No problem!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.