Need help with FRONT seat interior lights. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 05:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with FRONT seat interior lights.

i already fixed my rear dome lights. all 3 bulbs were burned out, i know that's crazy. and now I need to know how to replace the bulbs in my front seat.

my truck has the two push button map lights in the front seat, with the button for the sunroof directly in between. if it helps me out any...the plastic housing for the sunroof button...is dead. haha, the switch for the sunroof just hangs like a pair of......well, it just hangs freely and now there is a lot of room to fit my fingers in if i need to.

it just seems that the frame for the entire setup will not come out as easily as the light cover for the back seat.

does anyone know how to remove all the hardware so that i can replace the bulbs in the front seat?

thanks,
SweetLoad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
actually i just did this a few weeks ago and this afternoon, i replaced my burnt lamps with halogen then i decided to order LED's for them boy they are nice, anyways open the sunroof take a large (1/2) wide tip flat head screwdriver slide it in betweend the carpet liner and plastic right in the center then slide it over to either side and turn it 90* then push up on the screwdriver our the sunroof, i know its nerve racking cuz you dont want to break it but i have done this twice in the last few weeks and it came off and went back on just fine it just has some wedge clamps in there holding it up, you will have to repeat the process from the drivers side on over to the passenger side and it should fall right out. Also once you get in there you will have to take 4 screws out to get the lamps out because they are to big to slip out the back holes and those screw are TORX head screws, just an FYI i dont remember what size it is but its just a hair smaller than a 1/8" tip

good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.