Interior Durability vs 6.0 Interior - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interior Durability vs 6.0 Interior

My dad had an 03 6.0 and the interior held together very well and it had no rattles. I am wondering if the 6.4 interior is just as stout as the old 6.0 interior and how you feel the 6.4 interior compares the the 6.0 interior in terms of durability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I think my 6.4 has held up pretty well for the 2 yrs I've had it, with one exception, a rattle somewhere in one of the defrost vents up near the windshield, I can usually drown it out with music, but it gets annoying. And I slso have another noise on the passenger side under the dash, it has something to do with the heating/cooling system, whenever I turn on the heat anywhere above 68* there is this rattling or tapping noise, if I drop the temp below 68 on the passenger side it stops. A big PITA during the winter, esp if my girlfriendis in the passenger seat, she has to have the temp up to the broil setting, and its just annoying. But from my understanding, you have to disconstruct the entire dash to fix the problem, and you know what they say, after you take it apart it always goes back together with something missing and theres another noise.

Sorry for jacking your thread, hope it helps somewhat.

James.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 PM

You aren't jacking it at all. That's the type of reviews I want. Thanks for the post.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Mine's been holding up really well. I get the vehicle washed and waxed regularly and have leather conditioner put on in the interior. Stills smells and looks as good as the day I bought it.

Only have a few issues, ones interior related the others, not so much. Where the front seat belts mount to the floor, the plastic bolt covers have come up as they are just siliconed in place. The blend doors on the AC system, both needed to be replaced. The windshield seal make a kazoo sound when there's a strong cross wind. Otherwise, the interior is very quiet, no squeaks, knocks or rubbing sounds of any kind.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 AM

those rattling tapping noises are most likely the vent doors for your heating/ac....there are little servo motors that control them...i had mine fixed under warranty awhile back......

my interior has held up well..had a little color flaking on steering wheel so warranty replaced that, allowed me to tu-tone it. i also replaced and upgraded the carpet, but that was just because i wanted darker carpet. i lexol the leather and use a dish brush on it from time to time to get the dirt out of the texture....i really really like the styling over the 04 and 06 trucks i had..

Last edited by INJEKTER1; 10-21-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:40 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Yeah my dealer said they could replace the the stuff under the dash under warranty, but they had to send it to their sister dealership somewhere in CT, about 100 miles from them, and I really didn't want someone else driving my truck, and they also wouldn't be able to get me a truck for a rental. At this point I don't think it matters anymore, with the Extended warranty, I don't think it covers it, and that only has 10K left on it.

BTW INJEKTER, I really have to saw I love the look of your truck, I really like the red and black, it is definitely one of my favorites.

James.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen06 View Post
Yeah my dealer said they could replace the the stuff under the dash under warranty, but they had to send it to their sister dealership somewhere in CT, about 100 miles from them, and I really didn't want someone else driving my truck, and they also wouldn't be able to get me a truck for a rental. At this point I don't think it matters anymore, with the Extended warranty, I don't think it covers it, and that only has 10K left on it.

BTW INJEKTER, I really have to saw I love the look of your truck, I really like the red and black, it is definitely one of my favorites.

James.
thx man.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.