Join Date: Jun 2011
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Its a pain in the ***.
Remember everything is really easy, you just have to do it once to figure it out.
1. Pull the weather stripping off your door, just pull it straight off.
2. Pull the plastic piece on either side of the console off, they are in the door jam, triangle pieces. I don't remember if you have to pull the two vent pieces off first or not.
3. This reveals 3 10 or 13 mm bolts on either side, unbolt all of them.
4. Look in the door jam, there is a plug right where the door closes that bolts the dash in, unbolt that.
5. Ontop of the dash down by the window there are two 4x4 panels, pop those off with a screw driver. There is one bolt on either side. Its easier to look from the outside down to see them.
6. Under the drivers side there is a bolt down by the drivers feet torwards the middle of the console.
7. Unplug the two plug that are right where the drivers knees would be, they are pretty big. Directly under the steering column. You can pull that plastic piece right by the drivers knees straight out, makes it easier.
8. Now make sure your wheels are straight, and follow the steering column down, there is one bolt that holds the column itself to another rod that goes through the firewall, unbolt that.
I'm pretty sure that's all of the main stuff. THe whole console with plastics will come out as a unit. Just remember you dont have to have a high IQ to work at an assembly plant, everything goes together real easy so don't overthink anything.
You'll have to take your front seats out to actually get the console out.