Silly seat question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Silly seat question

Hi all,

I have an 08 F350 with power bucket seats and center console. The plastic panel on the door side of the drivers seat is loose and it looks like the plastic is cracked under the rear screw. I want to take it apart and stabilize so that I don't catch on it when I slide out of the vehicle (probably how the PO broke it in the first place). Problem is that I do not know how to remove the knobs for power seat, lumbar and recline to get the outer panel off and get to the problem screw(s). Looks like just pry off, but don't want to just gorilla in and break things. Any advice on removing the control knobs the proper way?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am not sure but I think that you are right as far as poping them off. But I have broken three sets of screws and just left it alone for now.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:42 AM

Actually the only thing that has to come off is the knob that controls the lumbar. You can either pull it off with your fingers (takes a lot of pressure) or you can take a long pair of needle nose pliers and get to it. To do so, push the seat cushion back a bit on top of the panel and you should be able to see down behind the panel. If you put the pliers around that (sround the shaft and pry against the peice of the knob that slides on to the shaft) and start to gently pry against the seat (bring the nose of the pliers toward the door) then it should pop right off.

The panel will then pop off once you release the tabs holding it on. You can reach these from going behind the panel on top and bottom (they can be a pain).

The power seat control switch will stay on. It unplugs from the back once you get the panel off. The recline handle will stay on the seat as well. The panels just slides out from around it.

Once the panel is off, you can then see the screws that hold the actual trim panel onto the seat. There are also 2 push pins holding it on, one on the front and one on the back. Just take your time and be patient and it comes off pretty easliy.

Sorry for the long post, I tried to be detailed as possible. If you need more info let me know. I can try to get some pics if you need. Good luck!!

BTW: The panel brackets on my driver seat are also broken from getting in and out of the truck. I even us my factory step bars.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

JB, thanks for the detailed response. It is just what I was looking for. I will give it a try when I get home tonight and let you know how it works. I am hoping to get the panel more secure before I do further damage to it.

thanks again!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can get a replacement panel here:
TascaParts.com

I emailed them for a quote, it was like $53 for the panel. Make sure you find the correct one, this is for the power seat, the one for the manual seat is under "seats and Track" then "Housing".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.