Husky Weatherbeater Floor Mats - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Husky Weatherbeater Floor Mats

I have read several threads in the past regarding floormats, but am looking for something specific here...

I just sent back a set of Weathertech Floor Liners, because they didn't fit well in the front. Specifically, the outer lip which should meet up with the door sill is about 1 - 2 inches too high. It should be flush. Secondly, both front mats don't fit exactly flush against the outside of the truck. There are plastic pices with a 90 degree angle by the hood release and under the glove box.

I am contemplating ordering a set of the Husky Weatherbeater Mats, but want to know if anybody else has them, and if they could post a picture or two. I want them to fit well, for what they cost.

Thanks,

JS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

Your weathertechs would've adjusted to fit. You have to give them a little time to settle. They are stored and sit that way, once they sit in your truck and basically relax they get better. Also you could use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften them up and mold em to fit better.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Proud to serve!

I had the same issue with my first set of weathertechs. I was getting ready to send them back when someone told me to use a hair dryer on them. After I tried that my floormats fit perfectly. I've had several sets now and I do this to all of them and they end up fitting better then any other floormat I've used. I have heard that the husky floormats are good also though.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just like lariatguy10 and navydocsuperdutys I had the same problem with the first fit. Give them time they will adjust to the truck. I looked at a pair of Husky Weatherbeaters but no matter how much I tried to shape them I couldn't get a good fit. Also the Husky's seemed to retain water and didn't drain properly. Maybe I just got a bad set but the Weather Techs are much better.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for all the replys. I had a set in my prior truck (2500hd) and they fit perfect, right out of the box. I used these for 2 weeeks thinking they would fit better, but they didn't adjust enough for me to be happy. If they cost less, then I probably would be OK with that. Not sure what I'll do now...
Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had some Weathertechs in my 09. I didn't even bother putting them in the 2010. I hated them. The front ones fit okay but not anywhere near perfect and don't even get me started on the waste of money back one. I have a friend just buy some of the Husky's for his 2010 Dodge and they fit perfect and the back one looks awesome. It forms and covers everything. I have really been considering buying the Weatherbeaters.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Premium Member

I have the Husky Liners (front and rear) and love them, this is the second truck I put them in and wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM

i have had both sets in my 08 and the weathertechs fit almost perfect right out of the box,i have had them for 20,000 miles and when i clean them they look brand new,they also settled in nice and fit perfect now.the huskys in my opinion were poorer quality plastic <they did not retain their shape well over time.the edges seemed to roll ,or curl up,and the center hump cover fit like crap.the only thing i liked better about the huskys was that they were easy to clean,just wipe them off(no deep grooves),the weathertechs have grooves where dirt builds up,but i just take them out once in a while and scrub them down and hose them off.in my opinion you will be happier with the weathertechs.try customer service maybe just got a bad set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.