How are your leather seats holding up....? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How are your leather seats holding up....?

My 08 has 58K miles on it, and the driverside lower seat cushion seems to be breaking down a bit, as well as the leather is worn tremendously. Has anyone else having issues with this? It could borderline be replaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got 83,000 miles on my KR. I think my cushion got a little bit softer on the sides but not by mush. As for the leather I know it is different than yours but I clean and condition it every time I wash the truch. Thats about once or twice a month for me during the most of the year.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

my 08 now has about 90k on it and the leather still looks great. I do a leather treatment atleast once a month and my windows are tinted to 5% which to some extent protects the leather from the sun. And I made my wife stop climbing over the seats.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
My 08 has 58K miles on it, and the driverside lower seat cushion seems to be breaking down a bit, as well as the leather is worn tremendously. Has anyone else having issues with this? It could borderline be replaced.
If you have the black "leather" like I do in my FX4, I don't think it is really leather, but pleather. Mine is doing the exact same thing that yours is, and has actually started to peel in a spot about an 1/8" square. I have 68k on the truck.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 PM

mine is lookin pretty rough at 38,000, the color is fading
Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 AM

my 08 harley seats are also starting to peel on driver side seat back cushion closest to door .the cording is also peeling in same area.0nly 19,000 miles .thinking about trying to get a new cover so when this one gets really bad i can put a new one on.i think the whole cover comes right off ,right??
Old 01-13-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
my 08 harley seats are also starting to peel on driver side seat back cushion closest to door .the cording is also peeling in same area.0nly 19,000 miles .thinking about trying to get a new cover so when this one gets really bad i can put a new one on.i think the whole cover comes right off ,right??
The covers do come of...but i think you need a special tool or instrument to get if off as there is a rod and some do hickeys just below the headrest that keeps the cover tight and conforming to the seat. I found this out when i was installing my tv's in the rear seat...Now, i never tried very hard to figure out how to get the cover off completely because i figured once i got it off i likely wouldnt be able to figure out how to get the rod and tensioning do hickeys back into place.

I have 105,000km's on mine and the drivers cover was replaced once under warranty and i have several other locations now starting to show wear and a few holes...i suspect from keys and crap in a persons pocket.

But its only the drivers seat showing wear...the rest are in great shape.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 AM

44K w/stone leather. There's definetly wear on the driver's seat from getting in and out. Overall though, they're holding up pretty well. I use lexol cleaner and then conditioner every few months. That makes a huge difference.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
i have tan interior, my drivers seat is showing a little wear from my holster when i carry, i gota find a new holster of take if off when im driving. i was thinking about getting some type of seat covers, but i other things to on the list ahead of that. and it hides the leather look. so i dont know.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Has anyone had any luck getting their drivers seats replaced under warranty. I've got 19,500 miles on my 08 FX4 and the leather has a small rip in one of the creases along the edge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.