Car seat / baby tv - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car seat / baby tv

Well my little girl has hit the 30lb mark and I should have her in a front facing car seat now. I have a black eddie bauer front facing car seat right now and I like it cause it matches my interior but its a POS. the buckle doesnt work very good and its a PITA to strap in. Just curious what kind of car seats you guys have used in the past that worked good since are trucks only have the one anchor behind the seat. This doest have to just be a 6.4 owner any owner with a kid can comment. Thanks guys my little girl will appreciate it. Also I was thinking about taking my truck into a audio shop and having screens put in the headrest but was also thinking about just buying the cheap ones that strap onto the headrests incase she doesnt like them. She is only a year old so I dont really want to drop a few grand on screens for a baby. I also have thought about a fold down one from the celing and just mounting the car seat in the center seat in the back but I have a sunroof and didnt know how it would work with the sunroof. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 08:36 PM

Heres the one my wife just bought my son!
Britax E9L06G8 Marathon Convertible Car Seat - Mossy Oak Baby Car Seat - Yahoo! Shopping
They make it cowmooflauge too for girls!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The dvd's are a must. I have a 2 year old that I installed a 17" monitor in the back for. She absolutely loves it and it allows me and mommy to talk about non baby stuff.

As far asa the baby seat situation, I am in the same boat. I am using the seat on the side with the shoulder strap. I dont like it, nor does my wife. We would much rather have her in the middle of the seat since its the safest. If you add a seat belt clip to your belt, it will lock the shoulder and lap belt tight. I would also love another solution. I cant believe I have a 2008 vehicle without the proper amount of anchors for a car seat.

Not a very good job by ford.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got two of the alpha omega seats in mine, on the superduty's you don't need the belt clip. If you pull the rear shoulder belt out all the way it locks so you can tighten the seat in. I opted for the strap to the headrest dvd player so i could moveit to other cars.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:01 AM

I've got a Eddie Bauer seat in mine in the middle but its a tan color. Has an adjustable height thing under it to lean it back or what not. My wife has an expensive safety first (I'm pretty sure thats the brand) in her acura and loves it as long as you don't have to move it. It has latches that clamp down on the cars seat belts to keep it stable, a removable head rest and really nice adjustable straps with tons of cushioning. My little boy just looks more comfortable in it. We paid right around $200 or a little more for it at target I think.

As for the tv, I want to do this also but think with the sunroof it will put the monitor too far back for comfortable viewing. So after looking at a couple of members pics I think I will go with the headrest idea. I would like to have the ones that have the dvd player built in so people in the back can watch different things. Its amazing how many miles I can cover without stopping when the wife and kid are occupied.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just put my kids on the shelf above the back seat in our car..........just like the good 'ole days when I was growing up and the fooking Govt. was not telling us that we had no idea how to take care of our kids.

Oh and guess what? The cars were not as safe back then either.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck47441 View Post
Heres the one my wife just bought my son!
Britax E9L06G8 Marathon Convertible Car Seat - Mossy Oak Baby Car Seat - Yahoo! Shopping
They make it cowmooflauge too for girls!
ha, that cowmooflage one is great!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:32 AM

Britex. The only way to go. I have 3 across the back.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDJUNKIES750 View Post
Britex. The only way to go. I have 3 across the back.
x2 but mine is still rear facing (9mos old, 18lbs)
Old 11-20-2009, 10:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Black&Gold Send a message via Skype™ to Black&Gold
this is what i got (even flow triumph) and i have a 10" drop down. the kids love to watch baby Einstein and Back Yard Agains.. lol they are so cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.