Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rear window power slider problem

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  covercash14 
#1 ·
My rear slider will only open about 1 inch and then not close at all when running from the switch. I can't even manually close it. Is the motor bad or just the mechanism dirty?
2008 350 Lariat with no use to the window in question.
Thanks

#2 ·
The most common problem is that the window glass comes unglued from the plastic trim piece at the bottom which then lets the window become lodged crooked in the frame and jam up.

To get it closed, have someone push on the window at the same time you are pressing the switch closed.

If this is the problem with yours, then I suggest that you do not use the window until you can remove it and reglue the window to the lower trim piece. Otherwise you will end up breaking the cable end off and have to replace the motor and cable assembly!

#6 ·
I'm having the same issue that several people are having, and that the window opens a little bit but is at a angle in a bind. It appears from what I have read that the glue has seperated from the bottom slider of the rear sliding glass. I went through the .pdf on how to do it, but wasn't sure as to what type of glue will need to be used? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.