INSTRUMENT CLUSTER GONE WONKY TRUCK DONT START - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER GONE WONKY TRUCK DONT START

hey everyone im looking for anyone who might have heard of this this morning i was driving and my truck lost power like it was going into limp mode but kinda came back but not fully ,but at the same time my gages all started to go up and down and my milage and trip numbers were replaced by lines and it keeps changing the symbol from a gas pump to wrench to a traction symbol and than to a temp sign and my tepm gage goes up and down when that one apears . i left it for a bit and it didnt start or even turn over than all ov a sudden it did and it was fine than a few min later it started to do it again . i pulled the edge system out thinking this was the cause and now the truck would turn over and the security light is going of and on really fast and the dash has started to do all the things i listed again , hey any help would be awsome.( and the batterys are fully charged ) thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have seen some strange happenings in the electrical sys due to a loose ground. Check around the fuse block under the hood. Also I don't know where the ground is for the dash but it will affect communication with the rest of the system. let us know what you find out and good luck
Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Mine did that this weekend. They are going to replace the PCM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i ended up having to take mine into ford , they said it had a missing fuse from new , was just never put in but what they said was happining was there is 7 powers from the pcm and it was back feeding from them and for some reason it just stoped feeding off there source so it put everything into shut down , i though this sounded really strange but the shop diesel tech said this can happen , now unless they were blowing smoke up my butt and were just saying this and hidding a bigger problem i dont know but this was the excuse i got . and the truck works perfect except it still suck on fuel lolol
Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 AM

Who is to know if it was b.s. or not. At least you are back up and running. I am still waiting for the pcm. Then we will see if that even fixes the problem. It would be sad to know that a fuse could have fixed my problem as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.