Lacking Power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lacking Power

I have an 08 F350, stock! I have noticed that it feels like I am pulling a load all the time! The power seems to have disappeared, the fuel mileage gone down, and pulling about 30lbs of boost under normal acceleration. The truck has 16,700 miles on it. I pulled a trailer on a recent trip. When I left home the truck was fine, during the trip all of these changes come about! I have had the issue fixed with white smoke and poor power on acceleration but it did not fix this problem. I have also replaced the fuel filters, air filter, and use Ford's Cetane Boost! Truck just feels like I am pulling a 10,000 pound trailer all the time! Any help or ideas?????

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Worthington, PA
Posts: 379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raefird View Post
I have an 08 F350, stock! I have noticed that it feels like I am pulling a load all the time! The power seems to have disappeared, the fuel mileage gone down, and pulling about 30lbs of boost under normal acceleration. The truck has 16,700 miles on it. I pulled a trailer on a recent trip. When I left home the truck was fine, during the trip all of these changes come about! I have had the issue fixed with white smoke and poor power on acceleration but it did not fix this problem. I have also replaced the fuel filters, air filter, and use Ford's Cetane Boost! Truck just feels like I am pulling a 10,000 pound trailer all the time! Any help or ideas?????

Thanks
Are you going into regen? Kinda sounds like something is plugged up in the DOC/DPF. The truck should go into limp mode when this happens. A wrench light should come on and engine power is limited. Just maybe the self diagnostics are not working properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It is not in regen and I have had no lights on the dash! The truck actually runs as good if not better when it goes into regen. Talked to Ford mechanic this morning about the problem, he just shook his head and said "maybe a light will come on so we can fix it"! I asked about checking the exhaust flow or checking the DPF, he said there was no official way to check it other than measuring exhaust gas temps before and after the filter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Worthington, PA
Posts: 379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raefird View Post
It is not in regen and I have had no lights on the dash! The truck actually runs as good if not better when it goes into regen. Talked to Ford mechanic this morning about the problem, he just shook his head and said "maybe a light will come on so we can fix it"! I asked about checking the exhaust flow or checking the DPF, he said there was no official way to check it other than measuring exhaust gas temps before and after the filter!
They can check exhaust back pressure. I can see it on my Dashdaq, so I am sure they can see it as well. Make a big stink about it, and maybe the Ford field service engineer will come and hook his laptop to it and find the problem. Could just be a sensor out of whack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ridgetop
Posts: 266
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree with Greenhorn sounds like a DPF related issue to me. I pulled by Bronco on a trailer do some work on it and after that my truck ran like crap took it to the dealer and they just reflashed it, same thing, always felt loaded and would hesitate at 1900 rpm's. Dealer said "wasn't getting good regens", but I always drove them out and have never cut it off once it started regen... So, I finally got a spartan and lost the cat/dpf and all is well! She runs like a champ now... I had 15k on it at the time... hope you get it figured out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check your e-brake... j/k sorry had to say it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadf350 View Post
check your e-brake... j/k sorry had to say it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors