Gradual loss of power and boost - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Gradual loss of power and boost

Hello everyone, I have a f-350 2010, and 4 months ago, I had a gradual loss of power and boost. The dealer has replaced the DPF, free, because guaranteed.
So, 4 months and 8 000km later, same problem with a P2263 code.
Can y you help me with my f-350 that has only 73000km 100%original and no more warranty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Some info here

Trouble Code P2263 need help please!!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Quote:
Code P2263 refers to a turbo actuator problem or turbo bearing problem caused by possible low engine oil level. Below is the posted problem explaining the issue:

Lack of power, fluid leakage from tailpipe, abnormal tailpipe sediment, white smoke, exhaust smell, check engine light on:
The above conditions may be accompanied by elevated engine idle, surging, engine knocking or the crankcase may be over full. Fluid frome the tailpipe may be coolant, fuel or oil.
If diagnostic codes P0087, P2291, P0263-P0284, P0300-P0308, or P1336 are retrieved, or if there is evidence of an internal fuel leak (fuel in the exhaust, over-full oil), the fuel supply to the injectors and the injectors should be checked for leakage. If the oil is not over-full the turbo bearings should be checked.
If the codes are P132B, P2262 or P2263, or there is evidence oil oil leaks or the oil level is low, turbo actuator operation and turbo bearings should be checked.
If there is evidence of coolant leakage from the exhaust or the coolant level is low, the EGR coolers should be tested.
Additional codes may include P244C or P244D for the DPF. Perform diagnosis on the above codes and engine noises as needed. Care should be taken when running the engine due to the likelyhood of piston hydro-lock/engine damage. TSB #07-8-9
Old 05-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank's Alaskan_awd, I finally found the problem, dpf clogged and shorted censor.
I bought a dpf delete a spartan tuner and my truck was running perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
question#1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.