Lacking power, not hitting target boost? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lacking power, not hitting target boost?

Have a question for you guys, I have a 2010 5" dp back, running the H&S HD300 tune on Hot.

I have noticed that at WOT it seems to be lacking in power and will only build around 30psi of boost up until I get into 5th or the TC locks and it will peg to 40+ psi. Also I noticed that the smoke does not clean up like it use to, it use to smoke shortly until the boost caught up and then it would clean up, now it will leave a solid trail of smoke up until boost peaks (which now takes a long time).

Don't get me wrong it still has an amazing amount of power but it is down from where it use to be.

I pulled the EBP sensor and it looked pretty clean so I didn't bother pulling the tube. I pulled the MAP sensor (I think I checked the right one, there are two next to each other just behind the intake tube, I pulled the front one), it also looked fairly clean so threw it back on. Pulled the MAF, looked clean, threw it back in.

Should I go ahead and clean the MAF anyway? Could one of the sensors be bad and cause this? I have no CEL's and have never thrown one. I do not appear to be losing coolant either, it's been like this for a while.

Other then that it seems to run perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Did some more testing, it will peg out at 40psi at WOT then it drops off and settles around 32 or so
Old 04-26-2014, 06:01 PM

I'm going to add to this... I went and test drove an 08 today needless to say I was not impressed at all. Granted I don't know if this particular truck had issues... but I put my foot in it several times and it just made noise and more noise... never really did anything else... and was only making 20 PSI boost. No CEL at all, no smoke as far as I know it was stock with just an AFE or similar intake. My 01 duramax on it's stock tune would have walked all over the truck I drove.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine will peg the boost meter out at 40psi at 50% throttle no problem and hold it, but it falls off at WOT.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

OP when looking at your H&S does your rail pressure drop off at wot and maintain at 50%? Have you tried reloading the tune? Jon I'd stay far away from that 08 you drove sounds like it has issues. No way a stock 6.4 should ever be that slow plus stock they should make 30-33psi boost at wot.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris 6.4 View Post
OP when looking at your H&S does your rail pressure drop off at wot and maintain at 50%? Have you tried reloading the tune? Jon I'd stay far away from that 08 you drove sounds like it has issues. No way a stock 6.4 should ever be that slow plus stock they should make 30-33psi boost at wot.
I have the XRT, it wont read anything, just writes tunes so no way to check fuel pressure. I'll try reloading it, thanks.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My mistake I thought you had a mini maxx. Hope that reload solves your issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.