Over Fueling, No Power, new injectors and complete High Pressure fuel system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Over Fueling, No Power, new injectors and complete High Pressure fuel system

08 with 201k on it. Its WAY over fueling at an idle and has no power, you give it throttle and it cuts out and blows blackish blue smoke. I bought the truck this way, former owner thought it was a plugged dpf causing it so he cut it off but couldn't afford a programmer so he parked it. Anyhow I got a programmer for it and loaded a dpf delete tune but there was no change in the over fueling. Took it to ford put it on scanner there were no codes in the system, compression on all cylinders was good etc. They couldn't find anything wrong with the truck that was causing it to over fuel and they concluded it had to be the injectors were bad. So I replaced the injectors, in the process I changed fuel filter and there was a lot of metal in the bowl. Consulted ford and they said it was a bad high pressure fuel pump and the metal went through the system which is what caused the injectors to wear out and over fuel the truck. So without firing it up and chancing destroying the new injectors I changed out the complete high pressure fuel system, lines, pump, cooler, rails, etc etc etc just like they do using all the same parts as a warranty job. Got it all put back together and fired it up, same damn symptoms it had before, still over fueling and no power and still no codes. I am at a loss, Ford is at a loss I am ready to burn it to the ground. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 04:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what tuner did you go with? If it is a spartan or H&S, you can read ICP or rail pressure.. I'd be curious to see what it is at idle... did you install a new FRP sensor with the upgrades/swaps? What kind of lift pump are you running? the HPFP should be capable of returning the excess fuel, but if you're overwhelming it, it stands to reason that would overfuel the thing, too..
Old 03-17-2014, 06:06 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewactual View Post
what tuner did you go with? If it is a spartan or H&S, you can read ICP or rail pressure.. I'd be curious to see what it is at idle... did you install a new FRP sensor with the upgrades/swaps? What kind of lift pump are you running? the HPFP should be capable of returning the excess fuel, but if you're overwhelming it, it stands to reason that would overfuel the thing, too..

Programmer is an sct. It has the factory pumps is all nothing aftermarket other than the tuner and dpf delete. A new sensor was installed as well.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pull a p/n off the HMFC and compare it to both a 6.0 and a 6.4's... they look dang close, but produce big differences in pressure..

6.0:

6.4:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.