Newbee with issues! Oil Temps - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbee with issues! Oil Temps

Hi guys, I'm new here but have been stalking you for awhile. HA I recently installed the Spartan tuner and did the DPF delete. Alll has been great with the truck...... Until I did the EGR delete last weekend. Today for the first time I ran it down the highway about 30 miles. The oil temp alarm went off and the oil temp was 230. I watched the ECT temps and they range from 172 - 200 and the oil would run from 222 - 232. I am running the 210HP TP with early lock up on the tuner and the amb. temp is 34 degrees. I wasn't towing or hauling anything.
I had watched these temps in the past b4 the EGR delete and they were always about 6 degrees diff. NEVER close to overheating. I read about the oil coolers going bad but this happened right when we did the EGR delete! Could it just be coolant air block? Really dont wanna drop another $1k on oil coolers after dropping $2500 in other upgrades! This is on a 2008 F250

Last edited by Mitch B; 03-07-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2014, 04:34 AM

Since you had a bunch of the coolant out for delete, make sure that it is topped off again at the degas bottle and all air is out of the system. Drive around town with the degas bottle cap loose for like 20 minutes.

Secondly, once you are warm your truck should be pretty steady at 196-198 coolant temp. If you are having a temp swing up and down you need to do thermostats immediately. If you are still having far off oil temp issues after your coolant temp is stabilized, it is probably time to do an oil cooler.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

nater6.4 You were right on the money! I changed the T.stats and have driven 400 miles now and have had no issues. Coolant and oil temps only separate a max of 6 degrees. Gotta say thanks to you for your input and the Spartan programmer for the alert when the oil hit 230. Thanks again..
Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

When I bought my truck I had to do thermostats immediately had one hyperextended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coolant temps, egr delete, oil temps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.